 Trains / 26979
Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:33:52 GMT

Wow, excellent model!

Thanks!

I saw some pictures of FreeLUG member Didier Malon last year, check out
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Chimere/Events/Mondial-Paris2005/mondial087.jpg
From what I've seen on photo's regarding the real thing, the nose curve is
somewhere in between what you and Didier Malon chose, ie almost impossible
to do in LEGO.

Ah yes. Didier Enjary showed me that one. One might be able to simulate a more
subtle curve using the new 1x1x2/3 slopes indented slightly or at an angle but I
fear the gains would be minimal as you would lose the true roundness of macaroni
or curves.

Love how you added depth by recessing the doors and adding
other details to the sides

Thanks. The bit I was happiest with was the curved window. The doors are
indirectly the result of Erik Amzallag's three fence windows (if you look
throught .build.schleim you can see how). They're inset by 3LDU or about 1/6
stud.

Now for an 8-wide? ;)

I'll leave that for people who like their trains oversized ;)

Tim