 Trains / 28239
Re: Le Capitole - BB 9278
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   Hello Tim and all,

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi all,

Just my little version of Le Capitole. I believe this was the first passenger train to achieve 200km/hr.

BS Gallery

Please let me know what you think, what improvements I could make.

Thanks,

Tim

As I told you quite a while ago, I build your model. Of course some adaptations were necessary with my parts stock. I put two 9V motors under the locomotive, 1x1x2/3 red slope were lacking, so I replaced by 1x1 red tiles on the roof ends. And I found grey carriage to be nicer than black. Also some invisible changes, I replaced two 1x1 dark grey plates around the side windows by one 1x6 dark grey plate to strengthen a bit the cabin. http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/Frogleap/Le-grenier-aux-Lego/Trains/Hiver_2006/BB9200-Tim-Gould-DCC.JPG.html

Thank you for your nice design. Hope you like it.

Philippe “frogleap” Label

Hi Philippe,

Glad you liked it enough to build. The changes work quite well. Out of interest are you planning to build the passenger stock?

Tim