 Trains / *9069 (-100)
  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) I'm not referring to his blue rail bridge, I mean that huge huge suspension arch he built. C'mon Ben, post another link. (last few UK hours) ++Lar (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

Sure I would like a DCC too, but the question is - is LEGO building a DCC for children - they are the goal of Lego I belive? Michael Steve Martin <martinsa@mail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G59G2K.226@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

For some reason I believe it is to the center of the rails. Make a circle and measure screw hole to screw hole/2... I guess that's easy enough. Or take three road plats and measure in studs. Ben Fleskes knows this one off the top of his head. Anyway (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Double Crane Freight Loaing Station

I was looking around your site and foound the Motorized Train Bumper. This is a really cool concept. On a train display this might be fun for the visitor to control. Sling shot aa unwilling lone train car on to the main line in front of a fast (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

Good question, I don't know how other scales measure their radius. I just get the question a lot at shows. I guess I could just measure all three and that way I'm set either way. I'll do that in the morning, I'm too tired from sorting this evening. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

curve radius is measureed how? 1) from center of circle to inner rail 2) from center of circle to outer rail 3) from center of circle to middle of both rails (tie) SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

minimum about 27 1/3" Maximum is basically anything its just how big you want to make it that matters. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

Thanks for the track numbers everyone, I will refer to it as L-gauge or LEGO gauge, but it will be nice to have some hard fast number to throw out also. Kit-bash and Scratch are terms I've used with them before, even though we still have different (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Double Crane Freight Loaing Station

I have redone my website and now that I got a digital camera I've finally been able to add MOC buildings to my website. (URL) to the train section and click on the Intermediate link followed by the scenery button to see the pics. Let me know what (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) That was my initial thought, but in the photos, the curvature of the arch appears to vary, (hence it couldn't be curved rails) but it must just be an optical illusion from the lens curvature. As for arches, James Trobaugh's and Reinhard "Ben" (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) But, you see...there is already a 1/2" scale. In fact, there are 2 widely modeled 1/2" scale's (LGB, and 1/2" scale/2.5" gauge) So, it would confuse the issue. I think Lego gauge is best, since it does fit all (offical) lego trains ever made. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snipped> (...) Speaking of civil engineering, the American Society of Civil Engineers produces a 'Bridges' calender every year that features some very interesting and unique bridges. I have the 1999 and 2000 ones and I have (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) So we could call it "1/2 gauge". :-) /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

I wanted to say we don't "kit-bash" but "scratch" build, but I have seen modified Metroliners, Train Stations.... so, we do both! As for guage, I tell the story that "L" guage was determined by the original LEGO wheel set back in the 1960's. The (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Gauge on straight track appears to be 1.494" This makes it around .25" bigger than O, and .25 smaller than Gauge 1. Right up the middle...what a Lego answer... James (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

For all intents and purposes, LEGO trains are "O" scale, which is 1:48. The track gauge for O is 1.25" (32 mm) while LEGO track gauge is about 1.5" (38 mm), so they are close. Now check out these dudes: (URL) you can see, they are about the same (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

In my perspective as a model railroader, LEGO is close to O but the "mini-figs" are WAY off on proportion. I have seen a person convert an O track into a lego track(doesnt look good). The voltage is different on O from Lego, he just used an adapter (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Though you can run it on batteries (but doing so will electify the track). It would be good to show how the electrical connections work and demonstrate a lighted engine. (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) I'd call what we do somewhere between kitbashing and scratchbuilding. Another term sometimes used in the MRR hobby is kitmingling. To use a single term which would easily be understood by model railroaders, I would just say it's very much like (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) I keep meaning to check it out, but I think you're right that it's close but not the same as O-Guage. Best thing to do for the modelers is to tell them this, and to also provide the measurement between the insides of the rails. (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) straighten that term out, but I take it to mean that a modeler starts with a car/kit and changes the things in the kit to turn the kit into the model they want to make. I saw a very good conversion of a steamer to a cab forward steamer. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) I think it's very close to "O" gauge, but I'm sure someone out there will have a more exact answer. JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

Basicly this is going to be a two part clinic, first an oral presentation with pictures and notes (intro, history, MOCs), then the second part is going to be interactive. I'm bringing track, power supplies, engines, train wheels and tons of bricks. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Thats what I told the folks at the Greenberg show last weekend. Many of them ran off with a piece of track to measure it but I never asked what they came up with. Just say its "LEGO" gauge because Minifigs aren't to scale with "us" anyway (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Need some help with some Train specs

As I had mention a few months ago, I'm preparing a presentation to my local division of the NMRA on LEGO trains next week. I have most of the presentaion done, but would like to know if anyone knows the real gauge of LEGO track. I know it's "LEGO" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) To be honest, I don't think any AFOL has specific knowledge of the future of LEGO trains....yet;-) But I do know this: that rumors of the demise LEGO trains have been greatly exaggerated;-) I don't even know if they are keeping the 9 volt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) They have people that used to work for LEGO amongst them, so I'd say Ya they know someone :^) One thing about the train line, they don't seem to follow the 'normal rules' for themes. It usually has less sets in the theme and the theme runs (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Gee, I hope LEGO carries on with their line of trains. I'm just glad I'm back in! -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Well, what I want to see is DCC with automated everything. That would be the holy grail IMHO. I would gladly buy all new motors, points, transformer(s), etc to convert them over to DCC. Steve Martin martinsa@mail.com (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Man, you guys at the GMLTC must know someone. I remember when I was all excited about the DUPLO trains being a good sign and in would jump Mr. Neigh-Saying 8-Wide to spread doom and gloom, but even he changed his tune a week or two ago (sorry (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Don't forget Gianluca's bridge. I do not have the knowledge to categorize it with any authority, but it looks like and arch that is getting a little bit of help from a trussed deck. It too is a very nice bridge. The really neat thing about (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I have good reason to believe that the train line is not going away. That's all I'm willing to say at this point. ++Lar (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ... (...) disappointment (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Train Show Pictures

In lugnet.trains.org, John R. Clark writes: <snip> (...) Well only 2 of us used non-standard LEGO stickers. One was me and the other was Tom Duggan, he did the U-Haul. I did the NELUG boxcar and the Construction Site boxcar. All I used was Clear (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

See I learn something new every day. I know geometry but not much about structural engineering, so I saw an arch and figured it was an arch bridge. But now I have been inlightened, cool. jt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Mighty Mac... (URL) (I've posted links to it in the past I think) (...) bridges that look like it in shape (with the inward sloping cantilever towers) or in expanse and it was a ground breaker in its day. My hero, D. B. Steinman, (1) took a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) If we are talking bridge spotting, I'll be crossing this (road) one today: (URL) I cross it, I'll be looking at this (rail) one: (URL) picture: (URL) are about 8 miles from my office. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

I'm not a civil, thanks for refining my critique. (...) Oh, indeed, it looks nifty. It's just not an arch. I'm not competent to comment on whether trusses can't be pinned, though. While we are identifying arches, though, I thought Ben "April Fool" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) I was going to leave this, but now that you started... I agree that is not a arch, and I expect that is was modelled on a truss. However, I'd call it a frame as it is pin jointed (trusses, I think are not). However, to be a frame all the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Well, no, I'd have to categorise it as a type of through truss. Hell Gate and Sydney Harbor Bridge, for example, are suspension arch bridges. Essentially all members below the arch are in tension and the deck is suspended from the arch. (The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Great model Arne! Do you have the chance to come along after x-mas and join our train event in Braunschweig? I would love to see the bridge in real. BTW: Does anybody know something about this guy or has seen these pictures before? It's a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Dear James, yes it´s the old 4,5V rail, and the complete middle-part of the bridge is made only with 1x2-1x10 plates. Arne (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

Looks like the arch is made from 4.5v curved rails, right Arne? I really like the look of it, very sturdy and even looking. Nice job. I'd have to argue with the "two" arch bridges though, I have a technic arch bridge that I made earlier this year. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Love that bridge. It looks like the span carries the whole load. What I mean is that a lot of people use bricks under the track to stiffen the track, but your track is supported at six or maybe 8 points, and the rails and tiles do all the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) in the world. :-) It looks good - a more "European" feel than mine. I've managed to get enough beams to make a few of my bridges, but I don't know if I'll be able to have one ready in time for Christmas like I had hoped. I don't want to post (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proof of concept MOC

The Acela coaches are exactly what inspired this. One of my co-workers was on the Acela design team at IDEO. He and I were pouring over the photos of the Acela just last night before I went home and built this. It was great, he was pointing out (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

(...) I'm glad you like it. You are certainly welcome to copy the design. No issues. But, I encourage you to disrespect it ;-) Afterall, my design does not TILT! The TALGO is a pendular train, as you may know, and I believe the passenger wagons tilt (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

WOW!!!! As one who put in a good 20-30 unsuccessful hours trying to get the funky-shaped engines, the sweeping colored stripe, and the crazy monocoupler right, I stand in out front, ovating your accomplishments! I moved to Washington state a little (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Train Show Pictures

I don't want to rekindle an old argument, or to start something I can't finish, but... Pshaw! You mean "using the brick" like LEGO does with their printed bricks, and their page of stickers included with nearly every model? Or "forcing creativity" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

Wie schön, Arne! You have created a beautiful looking arch. That's one of the finest LEGO bridges I have ever seen:-) Well done! -John (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

Hi Train Fans, I am a Lego Fan from Germany, but I like US Trains. So I have build a model from the Hell Gate Bridge near New York. Please look at: (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proof of concept MOC

This is a great project. Good idea, Steve and JT. I've been delaying even prototyping Acela coaches, for this dual tapered issue is applicable to the Acela train coaches, too, and I hadn't thought of anything short of severely hinge-piece and 1x2 (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proof of concept MOC

Wow, that's funny I've been working on a similar idea. I want to make a few models of the local transit trains in Atlanta (MARTA), and they are tapered at the top and bottom. with the windows tilting in a bit. It's more like the middle of the coach (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

(...) Steve, I do not think there is anything revolutionary about the design or construction (all studs up) - it actually looks a little boring, very smooth. But I do think it is a good Lego model of the prototype ((URL) With the lights flashing, it (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Proof of concept MOC

Hi All, Although this could be called a MOC, I use the word concept because it's just a throw together to flush out a technique... I was looking at James Matis's Tan & White coach yesterday on brickshelf and wanted to try a new relief technique that (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

I would love to see a CD full of quality instructions... Sort of a "Best of the LUGNET Trains Community" type CD. But yes, even with a CD based book, the time and effort organizing it would be considerable. Did the LDRAW folks get their CD finished? (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

(...) One source about the Amtrak Cascade is Amtrak. Another is the Washington State Department of Transportation. Here are some links I've found: (URL) is a nice review of the Cascade written by a passenger in 1999: (URL) best photographs I've (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

My feeling is the bottom line is that it takes a lot of time and effort. Printing costs I believe are quite high especially on small runs. Although I was thinking about a CD based "book" with browsable images and then much larger printable images. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G565GG.G88@lugnet.com... (...) James, that is a beautiful train. Now some questions. :) What is the Cascade? I've never heard of this train type before! I can't tell, is it very new, or very (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) No, there is no apparent decline in the sensitivity of the reed switch when it is encased in LEGO. In fact, the switch that I bought from Radio Shack was originally enclosed in a plastic housing, which I removed to reduce the bulk of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Whatever happened to the idea of a custom lugnet.trains Idea Book? I know there was a tread about this a while ago... Bryan "sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G56BsM.7AC@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

Bob, These instructions are great. Thanks for sharing. I plan to print them out on quality paper and make into a nice, custom booklet for my own reference. Bryan "Bob Hayes" <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:G55Kz7.CAy@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

Frank, Thanks for your input on this. It seems that a new transformer could be the "backbone" of an expanded 9-volt line with automated everything... Bryan "Frank Buiting" <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:G575zq.J4C@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

There might be a pretty good reason for this: The current points switch the current as well, and for an automated layout it is not very usefull; so new points which DO NOT switch the current are needed. Maybe things make sence anyway. We can dicuss (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

(...) spring-loaded, (...) Thanks for sharing these pictures! In fact a very clever design. Leg Godt! Ben (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

Hi James, thanks for sharing your technic to couple your passenger cars together!! The pictures are really good - now i have an idea, how to build and use it. I am a bit busy at the moment, I will work it out later! After X-Mas we have a huge (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

(...) Many thanks! sheree (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) In one way this is good news. A new transformer means that trains will continue in one form or another. My guess is that the 'new' transformer will include some expansion port like the grey 12V transformer. This matches with other rumours I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

(...) Hi Cary, Thanks for the effort to create a Trains FAQ! The list of questions you have posted is very complete, there was no question I could think of that wasn't already listed here. I have added some notes to a few questions: (...) In most (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen writes: Latest news on points and crossings (one member of the www.1000.steine.de Forum phoned with Lego® marketing): - both sets will be discontinued (transformer also) and only a new transformer will appear in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

Add things such as Co'-Co' to the list.... or maybe a list to such explanations. Looking forward to it. Sonnich¨ sheree rosenkrantz <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G56AoD.4L9@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) thousand (...) pointers (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

sheree rosenkrantz wrote in message ... (...) phrase (...) This is a good idea, but how about a link to the must-already-exist railroader FAQ's on this kind of subject. Why re-invent the wheel! Here we go: (URL) page gives the wheel arrangement (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

That's so assume that you posted these! This level of quality of instructions should be gathered and documented on the web. I have several waiting for a green light. Anyone gonna bite, Kevin? Not to mention an instruction book! It looks similar to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

(...) Todd, could a link to this upcoming section of Cary's FAQ also be listed on the front page of the Train Newsgroup? (...) <snip> Cary, I would be particularly interested in any posts that define *Train Terms*. An example would be 4-4-0 (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Cascades Mono Coupler Details Now Showing

To anyone interested in the details, I have now photographed the spring-loaded, close-coupled, shared mono-axle, coupler (wheh!) I use in my Amtrak Cascades model. The roof line on each adjacent passenger car is 26 studs long. This appears to max (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Train Show Pictures

I'd say you guys did a great job for your first train show! I loved the buildings and liberal use of tiles. The only thing that bothered me was the unofficial stickers. They were nicely done, but by forcing yourselves to use just the brick (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general)

  lugnet.trains FAQ

I'd like to add a trains section to the FAQ at (URL) but I need your help. What Q&A would you like every new LUGNET member to read before posting to this group? What questions do you personally have, that you know are answered in the group (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) was (...) Photos of my 6-wide circular hole with fan. Here they are: (URL) hope you can see enough of the construction. If not, and you're still interested, let me know, and I'll try to take some better photos. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

(...) I would certainly be interested in seeing these. eric (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G54AI8.8w8@lugnet.com... (...) agree. (...) ... (...) creation. (...) Thanks James. It's always a pleasure receiving accolates from someone whose work I admire very much. Huw (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

I'm not to into Lego trains (yet), so I cant really comment on them. The buildings, however, are fantastic. Love the architechture & set up. One thing I have noticed with *these* train show pictures (as well as pix from other shows) is that the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) great, (I've gotta learn to stop punching the shutter button...) but for those of you with a voracious appetite for LEGO pics, it is lunchtime! (URL) show was a great time, and I think all of the NELUG members who attended it are looking (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Chris, I was just wondering if there was a decline in performance in the enclosure as opposed to outside of it. The enclosure looks great! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I took a few close-ups of the sensor last night, and uploaded them to BrickShelf. Check out: (URL) first picture is the sensor itself with a few "common" objects nearby for scale. The second picture is my reproduction of the exact setup that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Excellent work Bob. I can't wait to try one! "Bob Hayes" <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:G55Kz7.CAy@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

I have placed a first draft of my F40PH instructions on Brickself at (URL) say first draft because when I checked the files this morning from work (shh!) they are much darker than they appeared on my home PC last night (gamma correction not set (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Cars and Locos

(...) Ah, my sanity is restored. I couldn't figure out how you could have made a sliding door. Great models, BTW. (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

"sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G544x8.FnI@lugnet.com... (...) The web page you are looking for is: (URL) Gasperi (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:G548Cq.3GK@lugnet.com... (...) That would not make sence. If they will have automated points, then they will _most ptobably_ also have manual. But maybe another version? I remember (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Hi Chris, thanks for sharing this. I had the same positive results with reed sensors in my automated rail station. The station actually detects the incoming train through the well known light sensor + lamp method, but I wanted a way to distinguish (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) No, it is based on some of the Euro engines, IIRC, LGB have a engine somewhat similar in concept. (I think Austrian NG) It's to Lego scale, so figure that it is supposed to be a ~1500 hp engine, so a bit bigger than a 44 tonner (which are (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

kai brodersen wrote in message ... (...) SHOW!!!...!!! Man, the Lego Trainiacs are on a roll at the moment! Hope you have as much fun as we (VLC) and NELUG did! Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) I know this is an old topic, but I have something to say about the engine in this set. I intend to raise the headlights above the level of the end grilles, add an underbelly fuel tank, horns, and different windshields. When I'm done I'll post (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I just looked through my pictures and I was surprised to find that I don't have any that show the sensor. I will snap a few close-ups tonight... I also like the idea of doing a more formal write-up with pictures, schematics, and part sources. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New MoC: Wagon repair shop

Huw, The accolades are duely pouring over your "wagon repair shop", and I agree. I can't say much more than has already been said. Bravo! I might add one comment and construction technic, if anyone is interested: I'm not sure if anyone has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated RT - Acceleration with RCX

(...) They were avail as pack (URL) I picked up a few, I don't know if they still sell them. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G5482z.2Lr@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) mocked up. (...) I keep waiting and hoping that perhaps "today is the day" Lego (or Lego Direct) reveals the fate of the 9V train line. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I _don't think_ it will die. There is some very favorable evidence (stand up you six apostles of Lego trains...) that we may get some of what you mocked up. (at least, I am hoping) As well, now that S@H has instituted delivery in Germany, it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  End of 9V train line?!

I've been just at Germans probably best online Lego® shop www.reimann.de . They have already some of the 2001s sets for sale, but I was really shocked, when I found out, that 9V points and crossings are discontinued in 2001! Does that mean we have (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) That seemed a bit of a waste to me as well. (...) Actually this was the main reason for me. While designing my layout (in TD), most sections had 3 and 4 tracks side by side. It just didn't leave much room for roads and buildings. (...) I had (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact