 Trains / 8643
Re: Need some help with some Train specs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:30:55 GMT

I wanted to say we don't "kit-bash" but "scratch" build, but I have seen
modified Metroliners, Train Stations.... so, we do both!

As for guage, I tell the story that "L" guage was determined by the original
LEGO wheel set back in the 1960's. The track is spaced such that a standard
wheel set (using 2x2 wheels on a 2x4 axile brick) rolls on it. Of course
this is the 4.5 volt days but this still holds true on 9v.

SteveB
PNLTC