 Trains / 8640
Re: Need some help with some Train specs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:48:50 GMT

     In my perspective as a model railroader, LEGO is close to O but the
"mini-figs" are WAY off on proportion.  I have seen a person convert an O
track into a lego track(doesnt look good). The voltage is different on O
from Lego, he just used an adapter and power reducer and connected them into
the circut, which is more practical to use a O controler/ and DCC :)
     The only problem with O and LEGO is that the turn radius is much
different.  If any one knows what i am talking about, the O scale has a much
larger minimum while lego has a pre-difined turn radius.
     BTW kit-bashing is the process when one takes one kit and combines it
with another to get the same form of building/car/train/enigne/etc only
larger/nicer looking.  The thing your talking about Chris is called
CONVERTING :)

kai,
who has come from HO to LEGO

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:
Oh and it doesn't run on batterys!!!  We got lots of what kind of batterys does
it take too.

Though you can run it on batteries (but doing so will electify the
track). It would be good to show how the electrical connections work and
demonstrate a lighted engine.