 Trains / 8637
Re: Need some help with some Train specs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:33:28 GMT

John Gerlach wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
As I had mention a few months ago, I'm preparing a presentation to my local
division of the NMRA on LEGO trains next week. I have most of the
presentaion done, but would like to know if anyone knows the real gauge of
LEGO track. I know it's "LEGO" gauge, but I want to know the real numbers.

Thats what I told the folks at the Greenberg show last weekend.  Many of them
ran off with a piece of track to measure it but I never asked what they came >up with.

I think it's very close to "O" gauge, but I'm sure someone out there will
have a more exact answer.

I keep meaning to check it out, but I think you're right that it's close
but not the same as O-Guage. Best thing to do for the modelers is to
tell them this, and to also provide the measurement between the insides
of the rails.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com