 Trains / 8646
Re: Need some help with some Train specs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:45:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
James Powell wrote:

Gauge on straight track appears to be 1.494"

This makes it around .25" bigger than O, and .25 smaller than Gauge 1.

So we could call it "1/2 gauge".  :-)

/Eric McC/

But, you see...there is already a 1/2" scale.  In fact, there are 2 widely
modeled 1/2" scale's (LGB, and 1/2" scale/2.5" gauge)  So, it would confuse the
issue.  I think Lego gauge is best, since it does fit all (offical) lego trains
ever made.  Some of us have made HL scale stuff as well, but it doesn't work
all that well.

(I looked on the NMRA site, and frankly, some of the spec's they have are
funny....I mean, 3.5" widened out over 1/8"---my engines got _very_ unhappy at
that; esp at 8 MPH...and I wasn't all that happy either.  I don't want to fall
off at 8 MPH or so)

James