 Trains / 8647
Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:52:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Arne Hackstein writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Looks like the arch is made from 4.5v curved rails, right Arne?

yes it´s the old 4,5V rail, and the complete middle-part of the
bridge is made only with 1x2-1x10 plates.

That was my initial thought, but in the photos, the curvature of
the arch appears to vary, (hence it couldn't be curved rails)
but it must just be an optical illusion from the lens curvature.

As for arches, James Trobaugh's and Reinhard "Ben" Beneke's bridges
would (I think) be classified as truss bridges.  Albiet in Ben's case
the thing is so huge it looks like an arch.  All those beams cause
keyboard drool ya'know  :-)   "Technic"ally Arne's has a truss along
the bottom, but I'm willing to let it slide.   8-)

Ah, the Forth rail bridge. One of my favorites. There aren't
too many bridges that look like it in shape...

Favorites?  *IMO* there aren't many like it because it's strange.  ;-)

As for my (true) arch bridge, a large package arrived yesterday from A Click
Away http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jashiner   Over 400 black beams!
Bwahahaaa - finally I can actually make my bridge - Thanks Jeff!    :-)
I'll post photos as soon as I can, but I warn you they may be part of an
eBay auction. (I need to sell some LEGO to get VISA down from maxed out.)

SRC
StRuCtures