 Trains / 8613
Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 01:46:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Arne Hackstein writes:
I am a Lego Fan from Germany, but I like US Trains. So I have
build a model from the Hell Gate Bridge near New York.
http://members.aol.com/chaot35/private/hellg1.jpg

Congratulations - There appears to now be two LEGO arch bridges
in the world.  :-)  It looks good - a more "European" feel than mine.

I've managed to get enough beams to make a few of my bridges, but
I don't know if I'll be able to have one ready in time for Christmas
like I had hoped.  I don't want to post photos till it's ready, but
imagine a much more intricate version of my monorail bridge...

I'm curious though what you've used to form the actual arch.  I'm using
Technic beams and a "Technic" my AFOL brother and I came up with.
It appears to me that you're using something other than LEGO for the
arch in your bridge - can you elaborate on the construction?

SRC
StRuCtures
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=SRC