 Trains / 8737
Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Chapple writes:

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
That would be this one:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/bridges/pic02.jpg

Yes - A beauty -

Thanks!  :-)

When the Guiness PNLTC stuff was going on with
that massive suspension bridge I commented that Ben's was the
longer _pure_ LEGO bridge because (I forget his name) used string.
Nothing wrong with that - it's a suspension bridge - of course it's
going to use string.  For longest LEGO bridge, it's probably always
going to be a suspension bridge - just the nature of bridges.

Yes, I agree, but you need a foundation or a masive ballast, because the
strings try to tilt the pillar. The bow bridge has the advantage to stand on
two points (or lines in third dimension).
But if I just had the time, I would try to get the record back: I'm 100% sure
my bridge design would work without problems even over a distance of 8.20
meters. I think someday in future I will build that bridge.

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/event_3/pi196.jpg
Mmmm - Outdoor LEGO train layouts - <more drool> - Mmmm - very nice.

I hope you have seen all the pictures of the event?
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/event_3/event_3.html

Leg Godt!

Ben