 Trains / 8736
Re: Hypothetically Speaking...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:16:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Priestman writes:
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, John Neal wrote:
Tony Priestman wrote:
Perhaps both sizes? A sort of Model Team Train theme.

Maybe you are on to something, Tony.  Rather than try and get all of
these folks into the mindset of evolving the 9 volt system, let TLC
create a second, more realistic, prototype-modeling 8 wide train line.

This was what I was thinking.

I too was thinking this.  Keep all the current compatibility with the
9V track, but add the occasional 8-wide model.  Kevin's "BigRed" was
a great high-light at our show, just sitting there on its own track segment
looking good while all the various 6-wides ran around the layout.

The UCS X-Wing is a bigger/better X-Wing model - why not do the same
thing with train models?  What's the sense in replacing when you can add?

SRC
StRuCtures