 Trains / 8668
Re: Hypothetically Speaking...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 02:50:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Some questions which I would like all LTDs (LEGO Train Dudes) to ponder
and discuss:

What if the guy/gal in charge of designing LEGO trains posted here and
asked, "Should we continue to design LEGO trains 6 wide or begin to
design them 8 wide?"  What would be your response?

I'd respond "Are you out of your mind?".

If you think TLC 6 wide trains are too expensive, just think how bad 8 wide
ones would be. 1/3 more in each direction == approximately double == 2x the
cost.

I don't think you have to worry that this is going to happen. Only a small
minority of people would be advocating such a thing to TLG. Hypothetically
speaking, of course, were any such advocacy actually to occur, it would
greatly diminish the credibility of the advocate with TLG.

Fan created 8 wides? Great. Bring them on.

TLC created 8 wides? Height of folly.

++Lar