 Trains / 8677
Re: Hypothetically Speaking...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:03:35 GMT

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, John Neal (<3A32A16E.30CC5580@uswest.net>) wrote at
21:18:00

Some questions which I would like all LTDs (LEGO Train Dudes) to ponder
and discuss:

What if the guy/gal in charge of designing LEGO trains posted here and
asked, "Should we continue to design LEGO trains 6 wide or begin to
design them 8 wide?"  What would be your response?  Would you care
necessarily?

I wouldn't be that bothered. When I get round to it, I'll be building 8
wide, but the wheelsets, couplers, etc are the same either way.

Perhaps both sizes? A sort of Model Team Train theme.

What if he/she also said, "We're also going to offer
larger radius track curves, new points, DCC; eventually the works."
Would that influence your preference between 6/8 wide?

The track thing is width independent, and would be an absolutely
brilliant development. DCC would be cool, as would the eventual works,
but I want the track first.

Or, if TLC just out of the blue started producing 8 wide trains, how
would you feel about it?  Would you just accept it and build from there,
or would you feel that 6 wide was better and consider it another bad
move by TLC?  Or would you just be happy that TLC was producing more
trains again-- 6 wide, 8 wide--whatever?

Speaking as someone who can still afford to buy 'good' (ie. old) MISB 9V
sets, I don't have a problem with the extra expense that would
inevitably be involved. It's up to the TLC MGs to work out if they could
sell enough.
--
Tony Priestman