 Trains / 8605
Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
..
It looks similar to Ben Fleskes's at:
http://www.pnltc.org/f40ph.jpg
details at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/cust_ml.htm
I think Ben rebuilt his with the same front tappered nose that you show.

Steve,

I do not think there is anything revolutionary about the design or
construction (all studs up) - it actually looks a little boring, very
smooth.  But I do think it is a good Lego model of the prototype
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=15081).  With the lights
flashing, it looked pretty good racing around the big Brickfest layout.

Before building it, I took a look at all of the "Amtrak" engine models on
the web.  I certainly was inspired by Ben's work, but I took a different
approach using the peices that I had availible.  When you are modeling the
same thing they are all variations on a theme.

Bob