 Trains / 14507
Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:20:21 GMT

Bob & All,

I have placed a first draft of my F40PH instructions on Brickself at

I just wanted to let you know that I blantantly, proudly printed out your
instructions, and have the model ready to go for MichLTC's GATS show this
weekend. I wanted to build a custom Amtrak model for the various Metroliner
cars, but I did not have time to hash out my own design, so I used yours
instead. : ) I had your site bookmarked for many moons when I wanted to try
it out.

I say first draft because when I checked the files this morning from work
(shh!) they are much darker than they appeared on my home PC last night
(gamma correction not set correctly?).  It is hard to see the black peices.
I also found a few other areas that need improvement.  With that said, I
would like to hear any comments you may have about the model an/or the
instructions.

The instructions were a little hard to read in terms of the black parts, but
overall they were great! The only problem I saw was the black 1x2 Technic
bricks in the back part, I had to rip it out and rebuild that part when the
view was shifted.

Thanks for your effort, I think a lot of people will like this. Now to find
my pictures so I can get a number for it.

Scott S.