 Trains / 14506
Re: My New Train Station - Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:06:57 GMT

Douglas & All,

Wow...nice job on the station...from someone who is still in the middle of
constructing/brainstorming/rebuilding/etc my own large train terminal.

Thanks. I don't know if I will EVER be done with this beast. I already
thought of expanding it. It would be cool to add an Airport Terminal on the
other side. Hmm..... : )

I can't wait to see more pics, more interior shots please. I really like the
idea of the car park as well as a few other ideas you've
included...sigh....guess this means it's time for more brainstorming,
rebuilding, etc...

Well, always aim high! The car lots will be next to the station for now. The
canopy in front came from most facilities having a place for pickups / drop
offs and I wanted to do something like that for this. Look for my insights
on how a architect thinks for the interesting off angle canopy. : )

I might build a parking ramp, one of MichLUG's other members built a ramp
for his airport, so I might get some inspiration from that. I can't do it in
red, however, this station has deleted my red bricks to almost nil, as well
as red plates (I think I might have 20 left or so).

Never think of getting better ideas as a bad thing, Lord knows I have been
trying to improve my stuff by seeing all the snazzy and spiffy stuff here. : )

I will write up a webpage for this after our two shows. : )

Scott S.