 Trains / 14486
14485  |  14487
Subject:
My New Train Station - Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:27:52 GMT

To All,

Someone asked me when I was going to post this train station, so here are a
few thoughts.

I always wanted to build a big train station. Although I enjoyed the small
stations LEGO offered, and after puttering around LUGNET since 1998, and
seeing some awesome train stations, I wanted to try it out. I was inspired
by Metro Terminus, among others.

My initial plans was a remodeled old station, and was added to. However, it
quicky evolved from that. I imagine it can be a larger town terminal, who
might have wanted a newer building, with some old building elements.

I started this station in October, and was first displayed at a fundraiser
people from MichLUG partcipated in (Not a MichLUG sponsored event)
and was worked on continually since then. It is about as finished as it will
be now, and will premiere at GATS in Novi, Michigan this Saturday and Sunday.

A big thanks goes to Tony Hedglen and Jason Spears, both from MichLUG, who
both helped out tremendously. Thanks guys!

Here is the overall Brickshelf account of the station:

There are some updates as well in this folder, with various stages of
construction.

Here is the latest update:

Here is the fundraiser where it started (It is a far cry from then)

After these two weeks of shows (GATS and ConFusion) I will get my website
updated with this. One day. : )

LMKWYT! I will get some more pictures of the station with all the trains,
vehicles, parking, etc.

Scott S.
--

Scott Sanburn- http://www.scottesanburn.org