 Trains / 8586
Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 01:21:58 GMT

That's so assume that you posted these! This level of quality of
instructions should be gathered and documented on the web. I have several
waiting for a green light. Anyone gonna bite, Kevin? Not to mention an
instruction book!

It looks similar to Ben Fleskes's at:
http://www.pnltc.org/f40ph.jpg
details at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/cust_ml.htm

Note the front window from the Freight Rail Runner at:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4564

here's a copy I built with a bigger pic:
http://www.pnltc.org/imgGal_SEB_Amtrak.jpg

I think Ben rebuilt his with the same front tappered nose that you show.

Also you might give a look at popping off the top of the 4x4 turntables and
leave the bases. I really love the concentric circles.
SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:
I have placed a first draft of my F40PH instructions on Brickself at
I say first draft because when I checked the files this morning from work
(shh!) they are much darker than they appeared on my home PC last night
(gamma correction not set correctly?).  It is hard to see the black peices.
I also found a few other areas that need improvement.  With that said, I
would like to hear any comments you may have about the model an/or the
instructions.

Thanks,

Bob Hayes

http://members.aol.com/bobhayes1/blp.htm
"Very proud to have been selected the Cool LEGO® Site of the Week for July
20-26, 1997" and ashamed to say not updated since.