 Trains / Train Organizations / 900
Re: NELUG Train Show Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:21:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John R. Clark writes:
<snip>
I am curious as to the method used create and attach their stickers. And
come to think of it, I should think that images printed on glossy paper
attached by rubber cement would be an excellent, non-permanent solution. The
glossy paper would make it more professional-looking, plus the cement
wouldn't bleed through after a few months like with plain paper.

Well only 2 of us used non-standard LEGO stickers.  One was me and the other
was Tom Duggan, he did the U-Haul.  I did the NELUG boxcar and the Construction
Site boxcar.  All I used was Clear Avery shipping labels printed on a color
printer.  These work great on white bricks but are only so-so on colored
bricks.  In general I am not big on stickers although I want to get some B&M,
Boston and Maine, stickers/decals for my Loco, Caboose, and a Boxcar.  Problem
is my printer does not print White so I will have to make a trip to my local
model train dealer to see what they have.

When I get around to trying it, I'll let you know if it works (But don't
read it, Kevin... ;-).

Your guys' show layout was very sharp looking. I really like all the
baseplates. It really pulls the layout together. Nice work all around!

Thanks!  I love all the baseplates too.  It will probably slow expansion of the
layout a bit if we are to continue covering the tables with baseplates.  It is
sharp though.

Keep it up! We all look forward to seeing your next show!

Well Greenberg is back at the end of March and we are planning on being there.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/