 Trains / *8669 (-100)
  Re: Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height

(...) My ideas for the passenger wagons on the Acela are very tentative at the moment. I have not yet tried even a preliminary start. I am very ready to continue the Acela project, for I heard on the news that the Acela made its inaugural trip (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I think that is so funny, interesting funny, not ha ha funny. So many models are built around a part that the builder thinks is perfect. James thought the boat bridge window would be perfect for a DB212. Kim thought that the sloped round (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Great crash of Nov '00? Chris (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height

Hello James, I am not a very frequent poster but have any ideas on cars for the acela? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Thanks. What's a NOHAB? Kim (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Actually, I believe this is a 3/10 stud offset rather than 1/2 stud. Here's how I come up with that number: Based on the the pictuer at: (URL) generally caluclate things base a unit that is 1/5 of a stud width (which is 1/6 the height of a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New private Homepage online

Thanks for telling us all about Markus new web site. I just enjoyed viewing all the sites. Always great to see new creations. I really like his ticketcenter "look". It is very nice. There are some great MOCs. I like his white and red passenger train (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New private Homepage online

Hi Train folks, a friend of mine, Markus Strick from Aachen, Germany just brought his personal webseite online. It's nearly 100% LEGO train related. He uses a nice way of navigating: A real german ticketcenter like it could be found at every station (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I'm not for sure if this is a new way of attaching "stuff" or not: (URL) of the models at this site is a box car based on Gianluca's design. I think I've approached the stud-offset in a little different manner, but achieving the same offset (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

"Sonnich Jensen" <sjensen@novocetec.com> wrote in message news:000d01c04efc$b6...tec.com... (...) again? (...) I talked to people who had a LEGO factory tour in Germany and they have seen box designs for remote-controlled signal posts... -Frank (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I have to agree. Not enough screen realestate to see all the angles, and no way to tell (for certain cases) that you've just embedded a brick inside of another one. I am happy to say that all my models have survived the great crash of Nov (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I just flipped the tailgate around at the finger-hinge junction. The 1x4 "finger" plate to which the tailgate is attached is still studs-up. However, the 1x4 "finger" plates are offset 1/2 stud to produce a slight slope to the front "grill" (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: <regarding sliding doors construction comments> Thanks. (for some reason Masi's reply was not inserted into this reply?) Enjoy box cars! :-) later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Very nice! Thanks for showing it. Best wishes toward finalizing the modificaitons and building your blue wagon! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Problem is, I build best IRL. It's very difficult (at least for me) to come up with a complex design in LDraw alone. --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Really, I think the "it has actually been built factor" lends a lot of coolness to the digital pictures. When I see the cool POV Ray stuff I always wind up thinking "Cool, to bad it is not real". On the other hand, a picture AND an MOC (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Well, we've come to expect that from every single one of James' creations, haven't we? And often, he *does* discover some new method for attaching stuff. --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) ?? Well, maybe not NEW, but there is a LOT of SNOT in this model. Consider the grillwork on the nose. That's done with two tailgates, one right side up, one upside down. Consider the cab windows. These are boat bridge windows, upside down. So (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hi ! Yesterday evening I just had some minutes spare time, but nevertheless I succeed in building some lego :-) First I copied your sliding-doors, James - then I modified them a little bit, so that now doors on both sides of a train could easily be (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modifed Train Station?

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G43Er8.J5y@lugnet.com... (...) Sounds like mine (URL) think you are referring to my 'Metro Station plus' regards lawrence (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hello Adrian, I have used another method, it does however require the special 1.5x8 rail plates for support. Please see (URL) for the details. Not as elegant as the other idea, but it works fairly well. Michel Magnan (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

I don't want to say "I told you so", but...;-) (...) Hey Bram, why don't you create some really cool locos and cars in ldraw?? I mean, for me, a ldraw MOC rendered in POV Ray is cooler than digital pics of actual MOCs any day!! An MOC is only cooler (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Switch Track Switch Building for 9v Train Track

I found there is this item in BrickBay, its price is $99.00, and includes 310 pieces, the description as follows: 1.Motorized Switching. 2.Motor and Wired Electric Brick Included. 3.Hinged Roof for Gears and Motor Access. Does anyone have its (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

Yet another 8 wide from James Mathis: (URL) job! Although I don't see any new innovative techniques, the model looks very realistic. Great details! Almost makes we want to get into trains...but I have no money...just a bunch of 4.5 track and about (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

Does anyone make that small car (I don't know how to name it) motorized? I mean the small car can move and shake in the same time! Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) lol Actually, ask Dan Siskind-- he claims to have built his best stuff after having imbibed a few. That's how he came up with his Big Boy-- he *started* building a Camelback and just kept going and going and...;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

Pick one up in the store and shake it! The minifig in that set (the conductor) is my favorite. Get to the store and shake some boxes man! Build On! John Matthews Zhengrong Zang <legozang@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3A12AC77.153C99...hoo.com... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: F7 Diesel engine

Well done. Looks like a NOHAB. Anyone ever build a NOHAB? -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Kim Toll Sent: 15. november 2000. A. 10:01 To: lugnet.trains@lugnet.com; (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

(...) Cool. Coooooool. I'm looking forward to "Top Fuel Open" class.. heheheh.. What are the specs for the racing surface? How long, how much space between lanes, should it be "on the bubble" level, where should the connection wires be plugged in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Modifed Train Station?

A while back someone posted a link to a website that had pictures of a modified train station in which the train would pass between "two" train stations (yellow I think) that had a walkway that connected both stations. Does anyone know what the link (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

I know abotu the switches ((URL) but the decoupler (for blue rails) is new! What number or ??? CAn you give any details? All track accessories are here: (URL) are that remote controlled accessiries are to come in 2 years. Sonnich -----Original (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Kevin McMillin <mcmillins@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:G438o8.3uw@lugnet.com... (...) weight (...) Both of the trains I made seem to run about the same speed. Weight did make a difference, actually the heavier engine ran better. I figured the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) Sounds like good reasons to stay inside and build! What more to want? I would miss the mountains. But, I do favor cross-country skiing over downhill. But, a visit would be nice, so to see another club's layout in-person. I think I need a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

Wow! Cool. Good Idea. did any train win more times than others? Did weight make a difference? I've noticed after timing a couple of the same car on the same layout at the same max speed, they would finish about a couple of 100ths seconds slower. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) A hot toddy with an evening free to build? -J-2 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

I don't remember a de-coupler, but I have [1] the set with the signals and cut-out switch. There was a black 4x2 brick which went into the bottom of the motor, and had a little push-to-break switch on the bottom. The signals had a plate that raised (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) You want to move to the Twin Cities? I'm *sure* the GMLTC would be happy to have you come over and build with us... <grin> And, it's only about 25 degrees outside, with a chance of snow and freezing rain tonight. What more could you want? ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

I sure do enjoy that you post images from the display events. Thanks, again. It's fun to see, but, even better, I know to be there in-person. On a personal side-note: I sure am getting tired of not being in an area with a LEGO train club. I really (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) Absolutely! But, those don't see the light of web. ;-) Actually, I think some do see the web, for I was just looking at my LEGO page through some of the models I built a few years ago, and I don't think they're all that great. Some of my (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

(...) Well one of them had sent me an email after the Oct. Greenberg show and asked if he could make one and bring it. I told him he could, but didn't really expect him to show up with one. We did have to loan him an engine so that he and his (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

(...) Wow, that is a great showcase peace. It looks great, and you have introduced a lot of new techniques! That nose, the windows, the round windows (nice trick making those fit in right. Just to be picky do they really look that good in person?), (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Thanks for the kind words Andy. Yes, the mounting the portal windows and the rounded nose were the things that the rest of the model are based around. They were the driving design constraints in developing this model. All in all, I'm quite pleased (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

(...) look. (...) <snipped B-unit> (...) Wow, wow, wow! Fantastic job modeling the nose and splitting the front window. You have capture the look of this F7 so well. I am now very glad that I sent my attempt to the scrap yard a few weeks ago when I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

(...) You betcha! I worked late last night trying to finish it up so it could be debuted at GATS this weekend! Kim (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Thanks John. Coming from the champion of 8 wide, this means a lot to me. Yeah, I used lots of three long plates in this model! I needed an odd number of studs to get the nose right - the rounded headlight thing. This is the main reason I went to 7 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

(...) Beautiful work, Kim- I hope you're bringing that north this weekend! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Very nice, Kim. The Soo is (was) a midwestern line, and so that and the Milwaukee Road are my favorite lines to model. I see you decided to model in purgatory scale (7 wide;) Actually, I've found that modeling in odd numbered studs is rather (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  (canceled)

  Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

I want to know if I buy LOCO game software, can I get still get the 2585 set inside that? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

Hi Michael, LEGO® stopped producing electric switches etc. in 1990 while changing the system from 12 Volts to 9 Volts! There were a first change in 1980 when the grey tracks werre introduced and the blue ones ran out of production. Check Ben's Train (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Kim, I don't build trains, but that is a very nice looking model. Looks like you got a nice resemblance to the train you were basing it one. What really impresses me about this model is the ingenious way that you mounted those round windows. :-) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Hi Kim, many THANKS for sharing pictures of your latest train engine!! I also love these curved elements, I can't get enough of them! The "nose" is modeled very nicely! By the way I discovered the other parts of your LEGO webseite! Fantasic. The (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

I remember some years ago Lego produced another train set (at the time when they had the blue manual rails) where it was able to electrically control the switches and there was a decoupling unit as well. Does somebody know wy they stopped the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  F7 Diesel engine

I've just finished work on my new SOO F7 Diesel. Come on over and take a look. (URL) the link immediately below "What's New"... its listed as "SOO F7". Fairly straight forward. I'm trying to figure out if I have enough of the right pieces to build a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

(...) That must have been cool. Were you surprised when kids showed up with trains to race? That is just so amazing! Chris (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New rolling stock

(...) Thanks, I think I have seen ladders like that somewhere before but where? Did Gianluca do something like that? I know he used the dual slope technique[1] to make 8-wide tankers. Shortly, I'll be getting some dark gray ladders and some black (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) James we are doing a GATS show here in Michigan in Jan.Can you email some info on the video train on how you did that? (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale

(...) Been there, done that...in Lego no less, with Mindstorms controlling it... (URL) know that there was some discussion of my coal unloader before...I really need to get a video clip of it up on the web (ha! along with everything else I should (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) I have slid the door open and close several dozen times. You have to be a little gentle, but not extrodinarily, in my opinion. Notice how the yellow 1x1x1 brick with side stud connects to the blue plate of the "door": via a black 1x2 plate. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale

(...) OK model by model of why it's not "European" ;-) CTB-1101 Lumber Transport : Wood transported by rail is never put on a totally flat car, but on a car with low sides, like in the LEGO 4543 set. And the load would be chained to the car (good (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) Correction to the link: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

I have posted the images from this past weekends GATS in Atlanta. The NGLTC layout was a big hit with both the young and the young at heart. Not only did we have our 18'x20' layout, but we also doubled the play area for the kids. The idea at this (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sliding doors

Wow. That's very clever. Do the parts holding the door in place have enough sticking power to survive multiple openings and closings? Cary "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G413wn.ME4@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) there (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  wamaLTC Meeting Announcement

***Who is interested in attending?*** wamaLTC (www.wamaltc.org) meeting announcement: Day: Sunday, November 19th Time: 10 am to 6 pm Place: Granddad's Hobby Shop demo room 5260A Port Royal Road Springfield, VA 22151-2113 (URL) is a play and build (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

(...) This sounds like a lot of fun. What a great interactive display! Congratulations. Thanks for posting the photos. Fun, cool, and involving. An excellent way to promote interest in LEGO trains. (...) Nice. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Race pictures from Atlanta GATS

This past weekend the North Georgia LEGO Train Club displayed at the Atlanta GATS. Pictures from the event will be load on the ngltc.org site soon. Currently I have loaded the pictures from the train races on Brickshelf. This event quickly became a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Adrian, Here are photos of my modifications to the sliding door construction: (URL) more special sliding door rails. The doors slide fairly easily, and there is still enough friction to keep them in place when shut closed. If you have any (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale

(...) I would agree that the Lumber and Coal cars look very European to me. I think the Gondola is kind of a tweener. Actually it is similar to my Gondola in a few respects. Except I use more Tiles and plates instead of Bricks and mine is a bit (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale

(...) Um... :-) Mike and I have been conferring behind the scenes since the idea of his doing kits first arose. My very first comment on his designs was: "gee, those certainly are *european*, aren't they..." (followed closely by "but they're nice!!" (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Real remote switch point

Thank you very much, I got many useful information from your suggestion thread, but I felt very strange, why aren't there more discussion for this topic? I think the automation train is more attractive than manual control by regulator! Who can (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Real remote switch point

Hi Zhengrong - Check out this thread: (URL) talked about my dimiar design that you have, as controlled by an RCX. Ed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hi James, many thanks for your quick efforts and I really like your idea, so I do know what I will do tonight :-) happy greatings adrian (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible?

(...) I think this means an auto reverse system like in 4.5 volt. I would like to know too. Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

Hi James, (...) website gives an overview of sme different advertisments covering the whole tram. It's a shame that there is no picture of a Mayersche-Tram ;-)) Something else: Are american comuter trains sprayed with grafittis like almost all (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Real remote switch point

I browsed most of articles that I can find at Internet, it seems there is no anybody created some real remote switch point? I mean the switch will be activated automatically! Here is my train display: There is a loop track, then there are 2 freight (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New rolling stock

(...) These modifications and additions are really nice. I really like how you contoured the tanker with the ladders. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New rolling stock

I have put up some pictures of some new rolling stock on my site. (URL) made small modifications to my red box car. It is the correct length now, and it has all of its ladders. I also made some modifications to my red flat bed that is hauling the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) I've modified the construction so that it does not use the special rails. No real "special" pieces used anymore. It is pretty much the same construction, I just removed the rails and adjusted some spacings. The doors slide pretty well and the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grey and Blue Doors and Windows are Shipping!

(...) This is great news. I'm really looking forward to seeing what creations come from this window and door availability. :-) :-) (...) LEGO is so good with customer service. Glad they're replacing that package. Enjoy! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Grey and Blue Doors and Windows are Shipping!

Today I came home to two packages from S@H. My grey and blue train doors and windows arrived. The wagon plate kit is still back ordered with delivery to LEGO expected by 11/15. My order was shipped in two packages. The blue dorrs and grey windows (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it possible?

I want to let train back to move automatically, is it possible in 9v train? (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brick in page 10 of #7777

(...) IIRC, the part in 2126 doesn't have the two small sticks sticking out... Bryan (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brick in page 10 of #7777

I also found there are these parts in 2126, is it right? (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Here's an idea I put together quickly during lunch: (URL) meant to be wacky with the colors so as to better show the piece construction. The method of construction does use the "rails" that LEGO doors slide in, but it doesn't use the "doors". (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Most Unusual of Trams: Sculptured Fronts

(...) I would say they're the back end, for it appears that there are red lights in the pig's nose. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Most Unusual of Trams: Sculptured Fronts

(...) I would say they're the back end, for it appears that there are red lights in the pig's nose. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) Here's a link to my personal LEGO stuff web pages: (URL) here's the direct link to my truck vehicles page: (URL) the direct link to the Octan fuel tanker truck: (URL) truck has working headlights, working "high-mount" tail lights, and an (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Most Unusual of Trams: Sculptured Fronts

(...) Are they "fronts", or are they "backs"? I'm thinking they are the back end of each train... Either way, they're pretty wild! JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Most Unusual of Trams: Sculptured Fronts

Whoa! They are scary. Not something I want heading towards me as I wait on a platform. I do like other images on that site: (URL) I thank you for pointing it out to us all. Great ideas here... Ed (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) especially the Octan tanker? (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Sliding doors

Hi ! Help, I need some ideas :-) For my nearly finished steam engine I'd like to build a blue mail van (and already saw one in a "Marklin" catalogue") with sliding doors. But how do I build working sliding doors without using Lego sliding doors, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The Most Unusual of Trams: Sculptured Fronts

While searching for photos of trams, I came across these most unique sculptured trams: (URL) Basel, Switzerland. For those who like to build sculptures with LEGO and build trains, this looks like an ideal project! ;-) (personally, these trams scare (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) HoMa, I have found some photographs of trams in Cologne. Is this the shape of the tram in Cologne? (URL) is the Cologne tram really the same shape as the Eurotram by Siemen's? Still searching... later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G3z6D8.3v4@lugnet.com... (...) I had thought of raising the surrounding road (perhaps not using lego under the road plates, etc - but wood) regards lawrence (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Layout Help

(...) I wouldn't give up on going under the layout but you will need to start your down slope a lot sooner. I am planning a second level for my ~11' x 11' layout and built a test sloped section to see if the equipment could handle it. Keep in mind (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) It is a nice look. Wheh! Uses up a lot of extreme low slopes! (...) Haven't thought about it...except to avoid it! ;-) later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors

(...) In the mean time I will try to search on-line for photos. Maybe at the European Photo Gallery? (...) Thanks. I think the through-way between the wagons leaves something to be desired. (...) I spent nearly the entire day of Saturday sorting (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact