 Trains / 8261
Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:04:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Yet another 8 wide from James Mathis:

Nice job!  Although I don't see any new innovative techniques,

?? Well, maybe not NEW, but there is a LOT of SNOT in this model.

Consider the grillwork on the nose. That's done with two tailgates, one
right side up, one upside down. Consider the cab windows. These are boat
bridge windows, upside down.

So maybe not NEW techniques (how many different ways to connect things
remain to be discovered? Some, no doubt... but not too many, I bet) but
clever use of existing. :-)

++Lar