 Trains / 8280
8279  |  8281
Subject:
Garden Rails (was:Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:16:03 GMT

James Mathis wrote:

Ha, interesting you mention garden railway, James.  I plan on running a garden
railway one day, only using my 14 wides running on G scale track.  Right now I
only have three 14 wides completed, with 4 more in various stages of
completion, and a half dozen or so on the drawing board.

G scale track utilizes brass rails which can withstand the elements and thus
can remain outdoors permanently.  I doubt the same can be said for LEGO track.
Eight wides, however, do photograph well out of doors, if that is what you
meant.  IIRC Frank F. was thinking about building a garden rail, too....

If a garden railway:
As I set up my 8-wides for photography, I realized that if I had a "garden
railway", I would most definitely want 8-wide format.  As I walked about the
"scene" that I was setting up, I thought the size of 8-wide looked very
attractive at what seems to be a "greater outdoor viewing distance".
Of course, LEGOLAND theme parks use an even larger format for their "garden
railway".

16 wide for LLC, and 18 wide (?) for Europe....

Back inside...and back to 6-wide? ;-)  Before I "lose" too many pieces to
8-wide!

Or lose yourself;-)

-John

later,