 Trains / 8289
Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Christopher Masi wrote:

I think that is so funny, interesting funny, not ha ha funny. So many models are
built around a part that the builder thinks is perfect. James thought the boat
bridge window would be perfect for a DB212. Kim thought that the sloped round
window was perfect for an F7. I thought the 2x3 rounded brick was the right
brick for a blower housing. We took our "perfect" bricks and built engines
around them, weird. ANyone else build a model around a perfect brick?

The 6x8 ultra low slope was the sole inspiration for me building 14 wide, and the
1x2 gray corrugated and the 1x1x1.3 half rounds inspired my 8 wide passenger cars.

-John

Chris
--
PGP public key available upon request.

I built the Big Boy and Garrett around the dimesions of the technic gray
pulley.  It seemed to be the correct size to use as a driver.  So I scaled
the real train dimensions down to match the driver to the pulley, then built
the train to those porportions.  It was the perfect piece.

Stacy