 Trains / 8202
Re: Sliding doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:36:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Adrian Rohnfelder writes:
Hi !

Help, I need some ideas :-) For my nearly finished steam engine I'd like to
build a blue mail van (and already saw one in a "Marklin" catalogue") with
sliding doors. But how do I build working sliding doors without using Lego
sliding doors, made some tests with standard bricks and tiles but nothing
was really successful, any ideas, anyone already solved such a problem ?

Here's an idea I put together quickly during lunch:

I meant to be wacky with the colors so as to better show the piece
construction.
The method of construction does use the "rails" that LEGO doors slide in, but
it doesn't use the "doors".  If you have these "rails" in blue, then maybe this
solution would work for your blue mail van?

I will continue to think about how to modify this sliding door so it doesn't
use the special "rail" pieces.

In case the pictures don't show it clearly, the 4-wide train doors are set back
1/2 stud so the sliding door will not hit the 4-wide train door handle.

Hope this at least helps with your own ideas and leads to a solution for you.

later,
James Mathis