 Trains / 8226
Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:56:09 GMT

On cabooses : the Dutch railways had a car with a similair function up to
the 1960's , see http://www.treinen.myweb.nl/fotost/2459_16.jpg
It's the brown car directly behind the diesel unit. The 2nd car is a
standard model closed car, which was used a lot for packages. Car 3 is an
old-style coal car, with doors on both sides and the front. Some places had
a piece of track that could be tilted, and cars were simply clamped to the
track and the entire car+piece of track tilted to unload the car. Must scan
a picture of that, you won't believe your eyes :-)

Been there, done that...in Lego no less, with Mindstorms controlling it...
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoJPG/NLCcu.html

I know that there was some discussion of my coal unloader before...I really
need to get a video clip of it up on the web (ha! along with everything else I
should do...)

James