 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8961
Re: Carolina Train Builders - Custom Train Models For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:20:15 GMT

Mike -

Excellent!
The descriptions help quite a bit to establish a link between sets I already
have and how much value you've added in creating these models.  That's
important to any consumer, I guess.  The piece counts provide some insight
into the actual bulk of the item(s), and represent a more solid structure
with more pieces as compared to other train cars that I've created myself.
Just a good reference point when comparing models/sets.

The instruction details you provided below also add to the overall value of
the set.  The binding is commensurate with a longer lasting value for your
set.  I'd like my sons to pick up the pieces and set instructions years from
now and find them legible, readable and easy to follow.  I don't think I
have anything to worry about with your instructions.

Thank you for the details - good luck with the enterprise!
Ed

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Walsh writes:

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@juno.com> wrote in message
Mike -
These look pretty good.  Can you provide some piece count details, and
compare the quality of the instructins to LEGO standards?

Thanks,
Ed

[ ... snipped ... ]

I have added piece counts and some descriptions to the catalog web pages.

http://www.nclug.net/ctb

As for the instructions, I'll try and take a picture of one of the manuals
tonight.  In the meantime, I'll try and describe them.  They are full color,
duplex printed in booklet format.  Each step occupies half of page of an 8
1/2" x 11" piece of paper which results in four steps (although not
sequential due to the booklet printing format) being printed on a single
piece of paper.  Each booklet is staple bound down the middle which results
in a booklet roughly 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to ask more clarifying questions.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com