 Trains / 8251
Re: Race pictures from Atlanta GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 01:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:

I'm working on putting a timer in the control system for the trains so not
only can I tell who won, but get a Studs per Second (SPS) for the racers.

Here are the rules for the Drag Railers so far:

1- Each racer must have both an engine and one cart (rolling stock),
currently it doesn't matter if you push or pull the cart. This may change in
the future.
2- The engine and cart must be connected via some type of coupler.
3- The engine and cart can be no longer than 48 studs long combined. And no
wider than 10 studs.
4- Each racer must carry a driver
5- Only one engine is allowed in Single Engine Stock class. I'm hoping other
classes will follow, such as Double Engine, and even Modified classes.

Currently I'm working on a web site for the Drag Railers where I can post
the official rules and the standings in the future.

jt

Cool. Coooooool.
I'm looking forward to "Top Fuel Open" class.. heheheh..
What are the specs for the racing surface? How long, how much space between
lanes, should it be "on the bubble" level, where should the connection wires be
plugged in (is soldering legal) and so on. Or maybe some specs should be left
as "house rules"? Dunno. Just a few thoughts zooming around between my ears at
the moment :) I'm sure it'll get sorted soon enough.
I look forward to seeing your site workup.
Cheers,
KMaynes