 Trains / *7669 (-100)
  Re: Pictures of my new train station - sneak preview of my new site

Frank, Your website layout is very nice. Very enjoyable: both your MOC's and the navigation. Very convienent. Well done. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My modified 4552 crane

(...) Harvey - That's a very good adaptation, and thanks for invoking the great image of a Bucyrus-Erie crane. We need dark brown and red elements, of course, but seeing your model made me think of the same thing you did. Nice work, and thanks! Ed (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My modified 4552 crane

Hello to all, once more I've been busy in my 'railroad shop' and have mounted the standard set#4552 crane on six-axle trucks. The accessory car now has a large toolbox in place of the track scooter. The chassis of the two cars are also now red... (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) The CA windows have 2x6 glass. My "type 2" are the only ones with 2x4 glass. Until I looked the other day, I had assumed all the 1x6x2 shuttered windows took a 2x6 glass (I think I had moved a piece of glass between a 1x6x2 shuttered window (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?

I can't speak to the 4.5V sets, but having watched 12V sets being sold on Ebay for awhile (US and Europe), I'd definitely rate the 7810 locomotive and the 7727 cargo train as being rarer than the 7740. I think the 7740 is somewhat like the 4558 in (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Frank, With the 1x6x2 shuttered windows, I have a few questions. Do your CA windows (type1) actually have a 6x2 (LxH) glass panel? Or do your CA windows have a 4x2 glass panel? And with your type 3 windows (the ones without the protruding (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  WAMALTC Pictures from Greenberg Show, Upper Marlboro, MD

Hey all, Just put up a bunch of pictures of WAMALTC/WAMALUG Greenberg Toy and Train Show in Upper Marlboro, MD this weekend... Some mpegs as well :) Hope you'll enjoy :) (URL) Someone told me that the pictures on our site are a little too small. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) They would _almost_ work. They're a millimeter or so too short. The other problem is that they have nubs in the center of the sides, not in the top and bottom. The side nubs cause the frame to be bowed out. Frank (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC.org is back up

Hi All, But we had some tech difficulties but I believe that we are back alive. SteveB (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

Nope, wouldn't work - the nubs on the glass are dead center, they need to be at one end to fit the 1x4x4 frames. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

Not that I have tried, but would the glass inserts from the sloped windows work? I think they were like a 1x4x3, but they loped back a few studs, which would give them a longer opening, resulting in a taller piece of glass for the insert. Mike (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Motorized Train Bumper Ver2, Collision Avoidanc and more....

Hello all, I have revamped my webpage, redone the Motorized Train Bumper, talk about switching, collision avoidance of trains using Mindstroms and much more on my website. I'll be adding digital photos of my layout and trains later. Please visit and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G0yKA2.1oC@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks! (...) Well maybe if I add some Shockwave Flash to it? ... nah.. :-) I'm glad you like it! -- Frank Buiting Visit the LEGO Lexicon: (URL) peek: (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of my new train station - sneak preview of my new site

(...) now if I can only settle on a good design for my layout...for now I am concentrating on rolling stock. (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?

Hi, It is not unusual to find some of these older sets, especially partial sets. But to find a working 118 with the whistle, is in my opinion, the hardest and rarest one to find as well as the 139a which was the electronic unit only. I wish to find (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) I decided to have a looksee at my windows. All of my white 1x3x2s are the old style. It looks to me like the little holes are for tabs on the "glass" to insert into - in fact I'm sure of it, just looked at a 1x6x2 window with shutters which (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Power Units

(...) Sorry for the misunderstanding: I only mixed the red from the couplings.... Ok, black one in 4.5 V 183, 171 (push train) 133 (push) 12V: 723 724 725 Regards, Ben more info here: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of my new train station - sneak preview of my new site

(...) That's really beautiful! And I love the new design of your Lego®-pages also. Much more professional than the new www.lego.com. ;-) "Leg Godt!" Ben (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  RE: pnltc.org is down

Yeah. Unfortunately, we're having some technical difficulties with the domain name at the moment. We're working on it. In the mean time, you can access the page this way: (URL) the domain name will be back soon... Kim PNLTC Member -----Original (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  pnltc.org is down

The Pacific Northwest LTC site doesn't seem to be responding. Steve (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?

(...) Ben, don't you have some even rarer sets? You know, very old ones that not even Lego knew about back in the 1960s? All joking aside, the rarety of a set does not represent it's worth, either as a model or as a desirable set - hence the 4558, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Power Units

(...) Reinhart... Thanks for the reply.It is neither of those because the engine plate is black not red. Could you help some more ? Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of my new train station - sneak preview of my new site

Hi, I finally finished building a train station. As usual LMKWYT! Pics on Brickshelf here: (URL) have also put to comments and pictures about this station on my new website, so have a sneak preview of my new site layout here: (URL) the site is still (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Kurt does not post to LUGNET (or RTL, I believe). But I talk with him a lot (via EMAIL). He is from southern Germany (Schwaben/Bayern). He and I once bid against each other for an expensive Samsonite set, and afterwards we talked, and since (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: one more MOC: BR 81 switching engine

(...) Thanks for your nice words, Frank! In fact my last three engines (T9, B8 and BR81) have no motor. All three of them need a waggon with a motor instead. The advantage is I can run them on both 9V and 12V track without trouble. I just need two (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G0x5It.L4v@lugnet.com... (...) MOC. (...) Great model Ben! The 4 red wheelsets really look neat! One question though: do you plan to 'hide' the motor in a car or have you found a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Just half: where did they come from? Regards, Ben BTW: who is this Kurt Richter? I do not know him, although he seems to be an expert and great collector. I've just checked, but a search in Lugnet brought out, that you have named him 7 times (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Alright, since no one else has come forward..... my good friend Kurt Richter from Germany responded to me, and said that he found two of these without the sill. I always can count on either Kurt or Phil (Traviss of UK). If they don't have it, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Memories

I recently found my "Int-Europee" sign, from 123 Passenger Coach" in my sons Lego. It's a shame my old Lego was splitted in three lots when i went in to the dark ages. Brings back a lot of memorys... -- Joakim jocke@arjay.nu (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  one more MOC: BR 81 switching engine

I have uploaded a new folder in my Brickshelf Gallery with a new built MOC. Again it's a steam engine, but this time a smaller one, a BR 81 switching engine of the German Federal Railroad. Pictures are to be found here: (URL) Regards, and have a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Power Units

(...) Dear Michael, 180 and 181 have been the only 4.5V sets with the red bufferless motor-baseplate (in 12V: 726 ). Keep searching for a black 1x4x2 fence door: If you have, it's set 180. Or 1x2x3 classic doors (not to open) in yellow: these came (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Power Units

Hello folks ! I have an assortment of train power units all 4.5 volt. I have an engine plate with built in red and blue magnets. Can the panel advise which 4.5 volt motor unit should go in it to make a train? (not an MOC)and give the set number so I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Do these LEGO Windows exist???

I probably should rephrase the subject heading to read: "Were these windows ever in a LEGO set?" The ones I am talking about are the classic windows 1x3x2 in WHITE without the window sill at the bottom that sticks out (if they were sold, they would (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train reference?

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:G0vtyy.Hvn@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) commuter (...) There are some train pictures at (URL) although I don't think there is any commuter trains. White windows are available in one (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of flatcar loads for our MOC's

While searching for possible candidate loads for my flatcar, I came across this... (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Commuter train reference?

I took a trip to a client site yesterday and had the opportunity to ride the Amtrak Metroliner and the Long Island Railroad. I saw lots of neat commuter trains and passenger stops along the way. Is there a web reference site with pictures of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rhombic pantograph & ItLUG wagon section

(...) Hi,Lar, the wagon is in effect sturdier than it seems,because ,due to the large surfaces of contact,there's a lot of friction between 6wide sections (red ones,in my sketch) and 5.6wide ones (blue ones),so when you put the two sides in their (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: southern michigan train club

(...) Kai, I would be most willing to discuss a train club division of our planned MichLUG. The meeting is *PLANNED* for October 7th. Email me if you want more info. Rick (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?

(...) Rarest train sets (my opinion a s a collector) 118 119 722 116 113 167 7750 7760 7730 7740 .. 4564 ... 4547 .. 4558 As you may see: the older the set is, the harder to find. And of course it's the market: 4558 has been sold worldwide in a big (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My flatcar is ready for viewing

(...) Impressive model, Harvey! I would suggest somthing quite usual like a big wooden box, or maybe somthing like a ship diesel. A bad idea would be somthink like a space shuttle: that steals the show and is not too realistic... ;-) Regards, Ben (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What is the rarest Lego Train set?

Hi there! I have never posted on the Train part but I was just curious, what is the rarest Train set out there? Can someone please e-mail me what they think? Thanks a lot. :-) Brendan Duck360198@aol.com (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

check out lugnet.loc.us.mi Some people have been trying to get one going. I think they are going for an Oct 7th meeting. Ryan -- reply to: rjschave at home dot com (URL) <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G0uwu7.5H5@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  southern michigan train club

i think their should be a Southern michigan train club! Any one is welcome to e-mail me and get started on planning! e-mail me at cbrodersen@mediaone.net (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  TLGs trains

Have you ever noticed that TLGs trains have become extremely different then the older sets. Frankly some of the newer sets such as railway express dont apeal to me. The look too childish and now its getting even hader to get I think all of us should (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rhombic pantograph & ItLUG wagon section

(...) holding the two sides together (or to the rest of the car) other than the special 1.3 thick connection point. But sacrifices in sturdyness must be made for the sake of art! Thanks for sharing. ++Lar (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot

(...) <snip> Not a bad list but I think the number one thing that is needed, taking priority over your "tweaks" is to open up the .tdr... what i mean by that is that right now you can add things to your .tdr but there is no way to share .tdrs with (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My flatcar is ready for viewing

This is my first pic dealing with my 12-axle,heavy duty depressed center flatcar. Construction was very simple, anybody should be able to duplicate my efforts. As always with most of my MOC's, this car is red. Now if I can only decide on a proper (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rhombic pantograph & ItLUG wagon section

(...) Very clever designs indeed! And of course more than clear enough: your drawing abilities are far over the average of our engineer students. "Leg Godt!" Ben (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Rhombic pantograph & ItLUG wagon section

Hi all, Here are two hand-drawn sketches that should explain to you how my pantograph is made.... (URL) how I succeeded in realizing the 1/5 stud inwards-offset sides of ItLUG wagon (6wide) and DB Cargo wagon (8wide): (URL) thanks to Sergio (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

Thanks to Matt and You for bringing the site back to live. It was a great train resource until now and will be in the future ... I'm sure. What will happen to the track-designer ... is Matt continuing development or could someone take over his job? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Motorized Train Bumper

I have created a motorized train bumper that will do the folloiwng: 1) Stop a train car at the end of a train track. (eg. A switching rail that does not come back to the main line) 2) When commanded either via an RCX or manually the device will push (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot

(...) Note: I would prefer an email response as well on this. Would you be preaped to act as Trains editor for the fan-zine? At least that way material can be shared between the two (a kind of 'by kind permisson of...') or at least not duplicated (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

Manfred, No I haven't sent a direct message to Todd yet, but it's on my list. I know there are hundreds of links on the web to the site and it will take time to get them all redirected. But Matt has agreed to update the old site location with a link (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

(...) some contributions by me also. I trust you've already send a message to Todd Lehman requesting him to update the link mentioned on the Lugnet.trains page ? As a result of your mail, I did revisit "Martt's Train Depot" after a long time. I've (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Big Chicken Lives

Thanks John, I was thinking about taking it outside and doing just that. But first I'm debating on whether I should make up some KFC decals to go on the side of it. Most people around here know what it is with out the decals, but it just seems to be (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains.org)

  Yet another site update (been busy!)

I finally caught up to all the images that I had taken over the past couple of weeks, and I have 7 new additions on my site today. (URL) trains ((URL) I added: Duplo train and station (yes, you read that right) 70's-era freight train 70's-era (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

Kudos to you James and the NGLTC for maintaining this important resource to our little train community, and of course thanks to Matt for creating it:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Matt's LEGO Train Depot new home

Matt’s LEGO Train Depot has moved to it’s new home on the North Georgia LEGO Train Club’s site ((URL) We are proud to be able to host the site and plan on maintaining the site in much the same quality way that Matt Bates has done since it’s (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) And I wasn't even referring to something as short as a scale 40 footer (32 studs for me); what I had in mind were my 60 stud long passenger cars... -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Resurrection

(...) old 1960's blue train tracks. And your train models are spectacular. Great job! Gary Istok (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) tight (...) Strangely enough, I have seen photos of boxcabs and 40 ft boxcars going around 60' radius curves. They _do_ look funny doing it though. (The pic's are of NYC harbor railways)...I'm aware that some of the logging railways claimed (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) John, Hey, I am not that happy with the W.C./head/toilet/pot...t/whatever in my caboose...you got any pointers? Chris (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Big Chicken Lives

(...) Awesome work, James! That is *exactly* what I like to see-- regional clubs exhibiting regional stuff! It is things like that which make particular train layouts memorable and unique. Hey, let's see some pics taken outside from the same camera (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.trains.org)

  PNLTC outage

Hi All, We are having some minor tech difficulties with the site. You can still get to it via the IP address (URL) . All will be back in order sometime next week. Sorry if we may have caused any inconveniences. SteveB PNLTC (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Resurrection

(...) What a relief:-) Actually, I had to check it out for myself and had forgotten how nice your models really are! Very nice, Gianluca! -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) Oh, I'll give you that. But remember, even if prototypes *could* negotiate tight curves like that, they would look as ungainly doing it. (...) Yikes. Need a better reason than that! :-) (...) Actually, the wheels are a bit large (if we are (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) $15,000 for your entire collection? Sounds like a bargain to me... Hmmm, now I covet your LEGO collection AND your new jeep;-) -J-2 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Resurrection

Hi all, just to announce that my 8wide trains are back again: (URL) now the pics of the first folder have a name that describes what you see,and not silly names such as "mcfrefg24565gt" Ciao Gianluca (...) That's no more necessary,John... ;-)) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) I'd (...) If LEGO were stupid enough to stop making trains, I'd probably dump my entire collection and start building HO or O scale... Anyone want to offer me about $15,000 for the entire collection? Considering the intelligence that LEGO has (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) Right, since every train is wider than the track.... But I think with the small radius of track 8-wides in curves (especially when they are a little longer) look not too good. But I don't want to restart the 8-wide discussion. I have decides (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) too.[1] (...) I don't know and I even do not have the e-mail of the builder of the engine. :-( I just wanted to share the pictures and do some promotion for the www.1000steine.de galleries. (...) In this case it is right, but in most case the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if 9V went away? (Was re: LTMA vs NMRA

Err...um...in some ways it is a tough question in other ways it is an easy question, and of course the answer is that it depends. What if 9v trains went away... If LEGO is discontinuing trains, shame on them, but I'll continue to build. After all, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

John, Well I guess the first thing I'd have to do (like many others) is hord all the 9V stuff I could get my hands on, mainly track, engines and wheel sets. Really I don't think I would "bail" on trains, in the past year and a half I haven't bought (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What if 9V went away? (Was re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) I think I would remain active in Lego Trains. Whether or not I stayed with 9V or converted to the putative new system depends on the details. I convert all my 12V stuff to 9V, not because (V is better than 12V operationally, (it isn't, 12V has (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

Harvey- Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I had to go back and read all of it and found it all very interesting, especially in the light of this recent post which went by mostly unnoticed: (URL) I realize that being discontinued can mean the end (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

Ben, Thanks for posting announcements of these beautiful MOC's. I'm loving seeing the "new to me" stock. These posts of yours make for very welcome viewing of MOC LEGO train creations. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

Wie schön! Ben- Please commend Andreas for me for his nice model! He uses 2 of my favorite building techniques-- building 8 wide and covering as many studs as possible with tiles. An excellent looking MOC. Which makes me think: Have I ever seen a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) Hey, that is a great switcher. I noticed that it had an 8/5 wide set up too.[1] I think the mix of 5 wide hoods with 8 wide cabs looks great. Unfortunately, I think that this is going to make 1x2-center-stud plates harder to come by. It looks (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) And another must-seen-MOC for John Neal and other 8-wides... (URL) yellow diesel by Andreas Bürgel. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) And again Michael Schian has built a nice German diesel: now a type BR212 engine. Pictures are to be found here: (URL) is it holiday time in the US: this newsgroup get's nearly boring these days... My train pages: (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

(...) Hmmmmm...it's a nice model...the airplane windows are always very useful,expecially in 6-wide modelling. Ciao Gianluca (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: short message: new Moc

(...) Thank's Masayuki, you are right! I bought the Space Shuttle 8480 years ago and forgot about that brick. So 8880 came with the trunks in grey only. (But still it might be the set with the most versions.. I know of at least 4.) Kind Regards, Ben (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: short message: new Moc

(...) It's 8480 . The small engine nozzle was the palm trunk brick in black . best regards Masayuki Ogura my web site (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Another German MOC: BR 361 of DB

Michael Schian, who is only writing in the German www.1000steine.de Forum, has built a cute MOC. A oldfashioned diesel shunting engine type BR 361 of the German Federal Railroad. You will find pictures of Lego model and real train here: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains with the Control Lab or RCX - Some questions!

Hi Folks, I've posted once or twice on this topic before, but now I'm getting serious :) So if any of you can answer any or all of these questions, I'd much appreciate it! I've got an RCX and the Lego Dacta Control Lab. For those who aren't familiar (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: short message: new Moc

(...) Indeed, that's right: I've bought that set recently for future MOCs, but there must have been other sets with the same part before. I owned thes palm trunk brick in black since years. My guess so far was, it might have been another version of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC/G2K ambassador car apology

I would like to apologize to those waiting to receive their ambassador cars back from the G2K event sponsored by PNLTC. The busy weeks leading up to G2K caused me to put other bits of my life on hold. After the event I could no longer continue to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) I know this is an old topic, but I was in the Navy at the time and didn't even know about LEGO trains. I used to be a member of the NMRA, but I can say from my experience that NMRA folks kinda look down on those who don't 1.Get their stuff (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: short message: new Moc

(...) John- Check out set 8247 The Road Rebel ( (URL) ). *I* call it The Smokestack Parts Pack;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: short message: new Moc

(...) Look's great, Ben. I like the details of the pistons. All of the other small details add alot as well. One question, what lego sets do you find all of those black palm tree trunks that you use for smokestacks? John (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set 7722

As was already mentioned, the red steam valves are fairly rare parts, and they also seem to be missing on quite a few train sets. I think this is because they (A) fall off easily and (B) are strange-looking if you don't know where they came from. I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Calling PNLTC...

Robin, I have not been directly involved with the ambassador cars so I can't tell you exactly when they will be shipped. But this is the second time you've posted about it here and there hasn't been a reply yet. I just wanted to make sure you know (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Calling PNLTC...

PNLTC Members, I need info on my two ambassador boxcars[1], how do I get them back? Who do I have to pay to get them? I sent emails out to you guys and have had no reply. I would like them back for the upcoming H & R Train show on October 6, 7, 8 in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set 7722

"Michael Pratt" <mpratt@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:memo.2000090823...k.co.uk... (...) The only 'rare' red parts were AFAIK never sold seperately and therefore extremely hard to get. I believe the part came only in sets 7715, 7722 and 7727 -- (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Set 7722

I have recently acquired this set, no 7722 (from Oswaldtwistle if anyone saw the ad in LOOT) and it is complete apart from some of the stickers and the red parts at the front of the locomotive. Can anyone point me to where I can get these parts ? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Class 24/5 type DE

A wonderful idea - I cannot wait to see your pics. If you can make a reasonable representation of a complicated prototype using fixed ABS elements, I won't be moaning about the cab windows! Jon (...) one (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Midsouth Lego Train Club get together

We have just received a copy of the PNLTC record event and wondered if anyone would like to join club members in a viewing. LMK and we can work on setting a time and place. Matthew Greene (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  12-axle depressed center flatcar

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my large flatcar (I made a mistake clling it a schnabel). Deciding whether to put one of those little 'shacks' on one end though. And finding a suitable load for this will take some time, I'll keep (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Site update

(...) Thanks- and though I'm not usually a big fan of raytraced models, I've always liked yours. The APC is particularly cool, and I'd love to see some of those mecha "in the flesh". (...) It's probably months away, assuming I actually do ever (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ItLUG wagon

(...) lenght (...) Here it's the same as with the pantograph: I really would like to see pictures how this georgeous model is realized! Please try to shoot a picture of the partly disassembled model, Gianaluca. That would be very helpful. Thanks (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact