 Trains / 7388
Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:22:12 GMT

I can't speak to the 4.5V sets, but having watched 12V sets being sold on Ebay
for awhile (US and Europe), I'd definitely rate the 7810 locomotive and the
7727 cargo train as being rarer than the 7740.  I think the 7740 is somewhat
like the 4558 in being not all _that_ rare, just a very very nice set and very
sought-after and thus harder to obtain.  The 7727 seems to be more or less as
rare as the 7730, and I'd almost say that the 7810 is as rare as the 7750 if
the frequency with which it hits the auction block is any indicator.  Several
of the 7750's I've seen have been display models, though, which only sorta
count since they're permanently glued together.

Alan

Rarest train sets (my opinion a s a collector)
7750
7760
7730
7740