 Trains / 7378
Re: What is the rarest Lego Train set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:44:08 GMT

Hi,

It is not unusual to find some of these older sets, especially
partial sets. But to find a working 118 with the whistle, is in
my opinion, the hardest and rarest one to find as well as the 139a
which was the electronic unit only. I wish to find a 139a one day.
For what I can understand, the 118 was produced at a very limited
quantity and was very expensive then, so only "rich" kids had the
privilege to own one of them.
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that they were
sold only in Germany? Can somebody tell me if it's true?

BTW, I tried different kind of whistle, but only the lego one
works. I even tried to whistle in the phone with a friend and he
could hear nothing but a "clik,clik,clik" in his phone.
No whistle sound at all! I'm curious about this frequency.

Somebody can give me explanations, Please?

Best regards to all,

Jean-Marc (my favourites are the 118, the 4551 and the 7740 with both 7815
           7819, It makes a nice combination of 5 different wagons)

In lugnet.trains, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Hi there!  I have never posted on the Train part but I was just curious, • what
is the rarest Train set out there?  Can someone please e-mail me what they
think?  Thanks a lot.  :-)

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com

Rarest train sets (my opinion a s a collector)

118
119
722
116
113
167
7750
7760
7730
7740
..
4564
4547
..
4558

As you may see: the older the set is, the harder to find. And of course it's
the market: 4558 has been sold worldwide in a big amount: so it's easy to get
(ok, needs some bucks). But try to find a 119, a 722, a 113 set: that's • hardly
to get.

Regards,

Ben