 Trains / 7349
Re: Matt's LEGO Train Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:34:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Alex Farlie writes:

Track Designer suggestions:- (probaly this should be in .cad.dev)

<snip>

Not a bad list but I think the number one thing that is needed, taking
priority over your "tweaks" is to open up the .tdr... what i mean by that is
that right now you can add things to your .tdr but there is no way to
share .tdrs with someone else. Matt and I talked about this on a thread oh
some 2 years ago I think. If you create a custom model or a new element or
whatever, you cannot share it because you cannot easily move things from
one .tdr to another.

LDraw format, for all its flaws, does not have this limitation since it is
multiple files based.. the set of what is possible is the sum of all the files
present instead of the contents of one.

Matt agreed this was very important, but hard.

++Lar