 Trains / *24269 (-100)
  My first use of BBB wheels

If I understand the numbering terminology... Dave's 4-4-4 (URL) just received the wheels and kinda built this from memory. It works around the layout, but can't go too fast or falls off thru switches. Have a look and let me know what you think :) (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) a standard 9v LEGO wire underneath it. This serves 2 purposes: It allows connection of a controller to test the polarity before soldering, by setting the controller and touching the wires to the conductors you can quickly see if polarity is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

"Lewis Valentine" <lewis@nitorco.com> wrote in message news:Hso1E0.1wJE@lugnet.com... (...) Layouts (...) the (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This would make a good topic for an ILTCO article - care to write one? ILTCO Members can submit articles by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Posters, yes again

How dose a LEGO® club get train posters from ILTCO® without being a member? I have tried to have our club registered, but was told that we need a website and more of a train presents in our club. Well we have 4 active members and all have very (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

I'm pretty excited about the Harry Potter sets. They are great for town, train and castle. 4753 is simply spiffy: (URL) the trains: (URL) this standard red or the new darker red? I'm hoping standard red for the train windows. And don't forget that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

(...) XFUT to Trains... so that a subthread can get started, to talk about the new purple TRAIN windows in the Knight Bus (along with some other parts, I'm thinking there are enough parts there now to do a very creditable Orient Express-ish train if (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Attention rtlToronto members

(...) This is one of my creations. I think the grossest over use of motors I've ever come up with. :-) The panel is used to control switch positions on our 45 degree crossover. On this layout it was buried under Altenberg. Each switch was motorized (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I like Lewis' idea for two reasons: First, since he's only creating an extension of the normal LEGO wire system I can use standard track power connectors, thus elemenating the need for a hard wired piece of track. I know my luck and the wires (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) Good article. I was working on a similar system for ngltc. But i did mine a little differently. My goals other than the obvious were Minimize the modification of lego parts. Keep the cost down. Compatibility. (ie we could use the same system (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

Nice article! I was able to do something similar, except I brought the wire in from underneath the track through the slots between the ties. I also have a very nice soldering iron and lots of experience with getting connections like this to work (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains) !

  ILTCO Article - Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) I thought about this for a while too... the best way is probably to sacrifice an old Technic axle, make a little aluminium bushing that slides right over the Technic axcle, put that into the chuck. Now put the wheels on the Technic axle and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Thank you. (...) Thank you for the kind words and feedback. The Big Ben Bricks 30.4 (mm) Flanged Driver has never been intended as a end-it-all solution for trains. When I started desiging these I quickly determined that a range of wheels is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Attention rtlToronto members

Hey, I feel kinda weird asking this since I can usually reverse engineer anything I see on brickshelf but can someone please explain how this (2 URLs) works. I’m thinking about implementing something similar on a new yard and honestly I'm just (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) I already had a glimpse of the boat at the Frechen gathering, which really is breathtaking. And please congratulate Jessica, her buildings look very good and perfectly fit the scene. -- Jan-Albert van Ree | (URL) Bier leeft!" (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) This is the image I posted to the "Big Ben Brick's Beta" mailing list: (URL) diameter of the wheel remains the same, by removing the flange using the blue line as a guide allows the flange of the wheels on either side to actually go *behind* (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Hmmm that might work... Guess I need to take 2 to work tomorrow and put them up on the lathe for some rearranging :D One thing : did you just cut something to make the diameter smaller or did you also make the wheels "thinner" to keep the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Have you seen these wheels after they've been "de-flanged"? For a 2-10-0, you could use four wheels 'as is', and 6 that had been their flanges removed. This would allow you to shorten the frame considerably. I know Ben is working on a way to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Big Ben's trainwheels

Well I got my set a few days ago and have been playing with them to see how well they fit in. First of all, quality is very good! Color matches almost perfectly, the Technic axle fits perfect, the hole for the Technic pin is also perfect size, all (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) If it ever does get made in trans-black, it will be part #44572, but if it had been made prior to last year, it would have been part #2582. Escape From Privet Drive was the last set released using the old finger-hinge version. Oddly enough, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Neato Steve! We @ SCLTC have a FEW layout loop video's, including being a minifig as an 8wide train passes pulling 1/2 the layout's rolling stock, but I don't think they have been posted yet so I'll post to the group begging for them to be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

The part number in question would be 44572 if this part existed in Trans Black, which it currently does not. It's a new part that is only available in a couple of sets at the current time. Hopefully, we'll see more available in a wider variety of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) It is most certainly a 3D model. I'm studying to be a professional at it and there are certain hallmarks about it that "give it away" for me, such as the shadows and lack of reflections in the windows. Stunning render, though. -- Mark Nelson (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

(...) Congratulations, Jake! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! To everyone considering buying this book - I had the opportunity to review it during production. I highly recommend it for both new and experienced train enthusiasts, and I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) Clifton: You may want to consider cross posting instead of multiple posting next time. This thread in trains and a parallel one in space ((URL) had the same set of followup question asked, the same answer by you pointing to the rendered model, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) and the other tools to make really great renderings, and his renderings often look a lot like the real thing. Hence, the window may not exist in that trans black color after all. If I am correct, this may be the first example of a rendering (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a final release (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) The windows were used in a custom train car posted on BrickLink: (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) Neither Peeron nor Bricklink list this part as existing in trans-black. (URL) you sure it's transparent black? Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) That comes in the 4547 Club Car (and the re-released 10002) jt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

CAn anyone help me to idnetify what set the transparent black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3 comes from? This may be part number (2582). (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) $120...Yeah right. That's just a little too steep. I wonder if it comes with a speed regulator and/or any straight tracks. I would only consider buying it if it was on sale. Joe (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) We had a non-9v on our Layout at GATS this last weekend. We could motorize it for a lot less than $120.00. I bought the set #4708 at the outlet store from Brickfest last year for $14.99 in a damaged box, but the set was perfect. (URL) GtwLUG (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) My bad, I didn't know they were available in 4719 ((URL) ...never mind :) jt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) -Bryan (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) hey, I think $120 is just a little steep for a train set that size but then again I paid $130 the Railway Express #: 4561. I also think that TLC upcharges a lot of things. maybe you can find it on E-bay later if you want if for a cheaper (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) I'm not sure which ones you mean. To me these look like the 45 degree 2 x 2 convex slope ((URL) These are available in sand green. Heck, I used 60 of those in my latest skyscraper (pics next week after GATS, no preview!!). Paul (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) So what color do those roof slopes look like to you? On my monitor they look like sand green, it would be nice to get sand green corner slopes. They teased us with sand green corner slopes in one of the dino sets but didn't actually produce (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) I got this info at 1000steine.de Apparently, the set will cost $120, not too bad (for parts that is..., or as part of a train wreck scene..) Paul (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) Sweet! And they even added a tender behind the locomotive! I'm sure the GMLTC will have a few of these show up as "Guest Trains" on our layout... *grin* Good parts in the station, too. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Hogwarts as 9 V set

Has this been posted yet, if so, sorry for the duplicate. (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Signing off...till March

Seems like I can post again. I wanted to comment this, that I have tried something like this, taking parts with me. It works, but limited, as when I am building, I am also contructing, and since I only had some limited parts with me, my projects (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am thinking about a tunnel also. The problem is the file size. The colors have to be reduced to keep the size down and the more detail I add the less reduction frame to frame I get. The file right now is 356kb. How (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: GATS Display

Good Morning, here is a link to pix of our 1st Great American Train Show this last weekend: (URL) you enjoy. We are planning to do 3 more this year. Our Layout is a 8' x 12' table and we have plans to increase it to 12' x 12' with a 4' x 4' open (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.mo.spr, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Oh, and can you add some people waving as the train goes by?(1) And a car crash. That would be nice. Just make sure nobody gets hurt. :-) More seriously, trees do add a lot.(2) The MTW signature image (3) uses them to good effect. (for which a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) And some trees by the side of the tracks. :) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) It was cool. Thanks to Stripes for posting a reply so I remembered to go check. While one is in the vicinity of that folder, the trench one is worth checking out too. Here's hoping that you, Steve, decide to write up a tutorial on how you did (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

Dude, that was really cool :) -Anne (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) Dear Jan-Albbert, I really enjoyed your entry for the ISCC III! That nice truck and the window above the entrance are my favorites. Very well done! Leg Godt! Ben my entries got finished last minute as well: (URL) was so under pressure - I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Looking for Christoph Eisenring - Jeroen, you have mail......

(...) (no info about mail adresses here...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Sounds cool. Got any deep links? Else... color me "can't wait till this is moderated, hope I remember to go back and check!" (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  TRAIN RIDE

Ever wonder what it is like to ride your railroad? (URL) low resolution for dial up (URL) If the pictures are jumpy (large file) try "save pacture as" and play from your computer. Enjoy Steve (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) Nooo...ooo. Czech. Czech. Czech. Best beer is Czech Beer. Best beer is Czech Beer. Best beer is Czech Beer. Pilsner = from Pilsen. Pilsen = German name of Plzen city. Plzen = town in Western Bohemia. HtH ;*) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  COLTC to dispaly at GATS, Feb 7-8, Columbus, OH. Our 1 year anniversary!!!

Coming weekend, the Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) will have a 25x25 foot layout at the Columbus GATS, at the Ohio Expo Center (for directions visit www.coltc.org or www.gats.com). Show hours are 11 AM - 5 PM both days, Adult admission is $7, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Looking for Christoph Eisenring

Hi, Can Christoph Eisenring or anyone who knows him please contact me direct on info at digitalbricks dot nl? Thanks! Jeroen (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) Hey, I recognize that sector... (...) Hey, now everybody likes parfait. I ain't never met someone who didn't like parfait. You never hear someone say, "Hey, you want some parfait?" "Heck no, I don't want no parfait!" -Sean the Donkey (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) Given the kitchen table location, it looks more like a strawberry parfait muffinoid... (...) Amazing .. he can to post from his cell... 3GA, your security is asleep. (URL) Dr. Cranium "Evil just got way more hungrier..." (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) NEWS FLASH! OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION OF DEEP SPACE SPAMCAKE PLANETOIDS! (URL) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) For towniacs and trainiacs, spamcake comes from little white crates that have the "deelicious" logo found on this (URL) page>. (...) While speculation remains on how spamcake actually forms in space, no incidents have been officially confirmed (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) A fine beer that is. Most of the German brewers still manage to turn out fine products and in Germany the tradition of small breweries is still alive. (...) Well it wasnt really Stella, the brewery did a lot of housebrands for supermarket (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) You might also want to address the theory of spontaneous Spamcake genration. I was making a minor repair to my astronaut bust yesterday, and discovered several pieces of Spamcake hidden inside her hair. Must have self-generated from cosmic (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GATS Display

(...) Very nice first show. You may want to consider crossposting to events next time instead of making two separate posts... helps keep the threads together. (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  GATS Display

Good Morning, here is a link to pix of our 1st Great American Train Show this last weekend: (URL) you enjoy. We are planning to do 3 more this year. Our Layout is a 8' x 12' table and we have plans to increase it to 12' x 12' with a 4' x 4' open (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) Jan, What a coincidence, last night I was kegging my first attempt at a Pilsner Urquell. I will starting drinking it in a week. That is a very nice MOC, and I feel like shedding a tear for the small Netherlands brewery ruined by Stella. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) Thanks John, I have no problems with that at all. Send me what you have. Anyone, LUG or LTC that wants a link to their diner from the original Spamcake Diner page can email me their link at the spamproofed address above. I prefer email rather (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Definitive Spamcake

(...) Ahh, one of my favorite Town topics-- The Spamcake Diner™. Tom, I think you should also include on the page links to various "franchises" of the Diner from around the world. I will gladly provide some links to a SD or two that I have (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Definitive Spamcake

Hello Spamcake fans! Every so often the question "what is it" pops up, so I've made a page explaining what it is (so far). For town and train themes, its definition probably won't change. For space, it might change a bit over time. Linkage is found (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

(...) Ditto (...) Thanks much Larry :) I'm glad you think I didn't overdo it. (...) You're in luck Larry. According to what I've read, during the 17 or 1800s, a new invention appeared for Post Mills. It was a small rotor attached to the back wall of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

Much snippage. (...) I think he has helped you a lot. Manfred's eye for detail and ability to generate constructive suggestions is nothing short of amazing. (and that database he pointed you at... what a labor of love! The people who did that must (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) The brewery and the brand are real, so is the story. (URL) has some info on the current state of the buildings, and that's where I got some of my inspiration from. It was right behind my old school so I went there a lot. -- Jan-Albert van Ree (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) NICE! Is it a real product too? Or just totaly made up? I like the story line & the models. Josh (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Train trucks over baseplates

(...) WBR, ==Hor (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

Right before the deadline I finally managed to finish my entry, titled "Hengelo Bier" It tells about the rise and fall of a small Dutch brewery. Right now it can be viewed at (URL) van Ree | (URL) Bier leeft!" (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Getting started with LEGO trains ???

I just have been told it is comimg out in February. David (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Hi! In my experience, a big two motor engine is rquired to pull a good sized 8-wide train. At the last NELUG show we ran engine--flatbed(w/tr...e_as_load) --box_car--refer--do...er_carrier --tank_car--caboose. I found that my single motor (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flush access door

(...) Have you seen all of the Cad's I have of my projects? Can't wait to see this locomotive! Josh (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) The RCX motor outputs are officially 0.8 amps each. This will just drive 2 train motors lightly loaded as I think the RCX DCC folk will confirm. The Lego train controller is good for about 1.5 amps and can thus handle 3 motors and 4 if they (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) (Pretend that the words in the above sentence were ordered in the way someone who *has* eaten today would have put them, please. Thanks.) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Ok, cool. I like hearing what I wanted to hear. :) (...) Hmmm. Any idea much can one RCX typically handle? (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Batteries are my *enemies*. You have to change them and stuff, and have some sort of accessible power switch. And all the battery boxes I have are quite large. Blech. :) (...) Ahh, but if I were going for cheap and realistic, would I be using (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) They're going to be kinda weirdly sized. Not sure yet. :) (...) I'll experiment and see what I come up with, then. (...) Aggh! No!!! Looks like I'll be putting a motor there, then. I'll hafta see if there should be two at the front, too. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

We at LUCNY run long trains - 6 wide - but often 30 pieces of stock long. Our experience is you have to have a rear driver else the magnetic couplings are likely to give out. We have never had problems with the pusher squeezing the intermediate cars (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Well this all depends on what type of train cars your going to build. If you were going to build a train of flat cars and tank cars one motor would be ok. However if you’re like me and you like boxcars and other heavy models then you will want (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) 2 would be better if you're talking 8 wide cars that are proportionally sized (...) I'd put them both in front but one at each end works. (...) not pure LEGO 9v. You would have to hack something together using cutting or whatever. (...) Check (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  basic train questions (power, mostly)

Hello train folks. I haven't done any Lego train building before, but I have an Idea for a Project. I've gotten a couple of train sets and have a few more on order, but in the meantime, and before I get too far with building, I've got some questions (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train trucks over baseplates

(...) Try looking at this write up, it's one solution that might help you: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train trucks over baseplates

Hello, After playing for a while with my first Lego train, I've got a question which I still can not find good answer for. It is problem of putting train tracks on baseplates. Straight track fits perfectly (as long as it is not rotated to angles (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: tarnished track

(...) I am afraid I have to reply to myself. Last night I noticed that I was incorrect in my assumption that my train engine was running slower over the older track. I had put the rails at the end of a curve and the engine actually slows down a bit (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Fast-paced photo montage (13,000 photos in 9 minutes)

I've been taking a lot of photos of LEGO people and their creations over the past 18 months, and right after I got back from NWBrickCon 2003, I thought it would be fun to see what all those photos looked like in an ultra-fast chronological photo (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

(...) Yeah, I agree. I love how the technic bits look like the kind of thing they actually build public transportation stations out of. (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC Cards

Hey everyone! If you're bringing a MOC or two to BrickFest PDX ... (and you should be!) PLEASE take the time to fill out a MOC card (URL) here> for each MOC you're bringing. In addition to being really spiffy to look at, and print out, these cards (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !!

  Re: train width

(...) I'm aware your not taking it seriously but The trains Ben builds (I'm assuming your talking Beneke) are models of smaller trains than the ones you build. I.E. US Vs European loading gauges Tim (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

(...) Yes, I experimented a bit with doing just that, but it's quite hard since the slope of the wings does not fit anything else (at least no slopes in my collection :-) (...) Thanks, it is indeed a very futuristic train (also nowadays) (...) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

In lugnet.trains, Esben Kolind wrote: Thanks for sharing what is a very novel idea. I am not sure I like the wings used the way you used them, did you consider trying to recess them into the body? They stick out and look like a little wind would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) Kind of long but here is some more info on the bridge. (...) I do have counter-weights. They are slung under the table. We can get by this at ngltc because our water tables are lower than the other tables. Here is a picture of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows

(...) I don't normally hang around .trains, but on my way over to .cad.ray I noticed this post. I really, really like the way you built that roof - it's very sleek and (IMO) stylish. :) I like the all-glass roof too. BTW, those weighted bricks are (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) (no pun intended). Do you have counter-weights hidden under the piers? And we *need* to see some pictures of the lifting mechanism! How much does it sag when a train crosses the bridge? I'm guessing the magnets are to help keep the two (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: automated train drawbridge

(...) Beautiful! :-) I love it. It's just as I'd like to have built mine, months ago. How do trains behave in it? (does it hold with heavy trains passing through?) Is there any chance of seeing the lifting mechanism in detail? I'd like to know if (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact