 Trains / 22298
22297  |  22299
Subject:
Train Posters, yes again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:54:17 GMT

  How dose a LEGO® club get train posters from ILTCO® without being a member?  I
have tried to have our club registered, but was told that we need a website and
more of a train presents in our club.  Well we have 4 active members and all
have very different LEGO® likes, and at some time we might have a web site, but
we are all very busy and can not devote the time others do. We have been to 1
GATS and are scheduled for another in March. We were asked by people attending
the show if we had any catalogs or flyers to order trains off of, we had to tell
them no, but they could go to shop.lego.com.  Now with everything going on at
GATS those people that asked will forget how cool the LEGO® trains were.  We had
a flier that had all of our meeting dates for the year and links to web sites,
but we know were that goes at the end of the day.  I have taken up building with
LEGO® as a hobby and have been having a good time of it since ’76.  I am a firm
believer that LEGO® is a big builder of kids growing up, but I can’t understand
why there are now restrictions on spreading the LEGO® experience. We are only
hurting LEGO® by not being able to tell people how great there product is.

L. Andrew Reynolds
GtwLUG Gateway LEGO® User Group
Lugnet Member #375