 Trains / 22240
Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 01:19:12 GMT

George Haberberger wrote:

What a coincidence, last night I was kegging my first attempt at a Pilsner
Urquell. I will starting drinking it in a week.

A fine beer that is. Most of the German brewers still manage to turn out
fine products and in Germany the tradition of small breweries is still
alive.

That is a very nice MOC, and I feel like shedding a tear for the small
Netherlands brewery ruined by Stella.

Well it wasnt really Stella, the brewery did a lot of housebrands for
supermarket chains, which is really a low-profit business where suppliers
get crushed trying to save pennies. That's what mostly caused the downfall,
as well as the decrease of consumption of beer overall in the country.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit