 Trains / 22218
Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:55:53 GMT

We at LUCNY run long trains - 6 wide - but often 30 pieces of stock long. Our
experience is you have to have a rear driver else the magnetic couplings are
likely to give out.

We have never had problems with the pusher squeezing the intermediate cars off
the tracks in corners or anything.

The limit for motors is how many the Lego train controller will power. Our
experience is about 4. More than 4 and the controller tends to heat up and go
into thermal shutdown - not a terminal condition but annoying at a train show..

Most of our locos have dual motors and our long trains typically have two such
locos at the front and two at the back. You need to rework the controller for a
total of 8 motors.

JB