 Trains / 22221
Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:03:00 GMT

John Barnes <barnes@sensors.com> wrote:
We at LUCNY run long trains - 6 wide - but often 30 pieces of stock
long. Our experience is you have to have a rear driver else the magnetic
couplings are likely to give out.
We have never had problems with the pusher squeezing the intermediate
cars off the tracks in corners or anything.

Ok, cool. I like hearing what I wanted to hear. :)

The limit for motors is how many the Lego train controller will power.
Our experience is about 4. More than 4 and the controller tends to heat
up and go into thermal shutdown - not a terminal condition but annoying
at a train show..

Hmmm. Any idea much can one RCX typically handle?

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>