 Trains / 22219
Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:55:06 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
First, my plan calls for a train of about 7 cars (plus engine). 8 wide, I
think. Will one motor be able to pull this easily, or would two be better?
2 would be better if you're talking 8 wide cars that are proportionally
sized

They're going to be kinda weirdly sized. Not sure yet. :)

I'd put them both in front but one at each end works.

I'll experiment and see what I come up with, then.

not pure LEGO 9v. You would have to hack something together using
cutting or whatever.

Aggh! No!!!

Looks like I'll be putting a motor there, then. I'll hafta see if there
should be two at the front, too.

Check out the Trains FAQ, it's in the header of the group, it may or may
not have useful stuff for you.

Yeah, tried that -- no answers to this question, but definitely some
interesting info. Thanks.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>