 Trains / 22207
Re: Using dragon fly wings as train windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:06:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Esben Kolind wrote:

Thanks for sharing what is a very novel idea. I am not sure I like the wings
used the way you used them, did you consider trying to recess them into the
body? They stick out and look like a little wind would tear them right off the
side of the train. Setting them back a stud so they are inside the opening might
be a better approach

The rest of the train I liked a lot. Nice SNOTwork, and it reminds me of a 1940s
vision of the future, sort of.

The station is really really sharp, cantilevered roofs are something you do not
see much of. I did not follow why you needed weights though, is that because
otherwise the columns would shear? Maybe use of round columns with an axle
inside of them instead might work?

Nice work overall, thanks!