 Trains / 22202
22201  |  22203
Subject:
Using dragon fly wings as train windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:33:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi there,

Ever since buying the Make & Create: Wild Collection (4101) I've had the idea of
using the dragon fly wings as train windows. Also my brother Egil challenged me
to build a train front using the large dark grey curved bricks he got me from
"pick-a-brick" for christmas.

Here's the result: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=70666

A closer look at the windows here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=641346. It looks very nice if
you ask me!

I managed to put in electric front and rear lights. My design options were very
limited, though, because I "had to" use the big dark grey curves:

This is also my first attempt to build a closed coupling using small springs.
I've included a series of pictures of the coupling, along with a cut-away shot
of the construction:

The small wheels enable the train to run very close to the track. They make a
lot of noise, though, but the trains runs fine:

By the way, have you noticed that the train (apart from the roof) is entire SNOT
:-)

Having built the train, I had to build a station for it (of course). And it's
right here:

The big glass roof was the greatest challenge. Because I used those big black
heavy bricks (what are they called?), the support is very stabil:

There are a couple of nice details at the station, for instance the ticket
office:

Have a look at all the pictures and PLMKWYT !!

Best regards,

Esben,
Copenhagen, Denmark

P.S: This creation is also an entry at the ISCC,
http://www.creativity-contest.net/