 Trains / 22201
22200  |  22202
Subject:
automated train drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:04:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here is my latest. It is a fully automated train bridge.

(Sorry the photos are not the best. It is hard to take pictures in my basement.)

It is fully automated. Meaning we will be able to run the rcx and the bridge
will happen periodically during a train show without human intervention.

The rcx will raise the bridge once about every 20 minutes. It will wait until
trains are not on the bridge. Any trains that are coming to the bridge when it
is up will be stopped.

It contains 8 homebrew light sensors.

Here is the bridge when it is down. (there is another bridge behind it)

And Up

Other Pictures