 Trains / 22213
22212  |  22214
Subject:
Train trucks over baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:51:58 GMT

Hello,

After playing for a while with my first Lego train, I've got a question which I
still can not find good answer for. It is problem of putting train tracks on
baseplates. Straight track fits perfectly (as long as it is not rotated to
angles other than multiplies of 90°), but curved one does not.

The only (partial) solution which I found is to put thouse tracks which match
their studs with baseplate on plates, and other tracks on tiles (or plates too
if underlying baserplate does not have studs in that place, f.e. roads). But
curves tend to slide over tiles and I have to add more bricks on both sides of
the track to fix it.

I'd like to know, how such problems are resolved in various train layouts. I saw
a lot of pictures posted here, but could get no ideas.

And I'm wondering, why I didn't find anything on this subject in lugnet archives

==Hor