 Trains / 22284
Re: Big Ben's trainwheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:52:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:

Have you seen these wheels after they've been "de-flanged"?  For a 2-10-0, you
could use four wheels 'as is', and 6 that had been their flanges removed.  This
would allow you to shorten the frame considerably.

Hmmm that might work...
Guess I need to take 2 to work tomorrow and put them up on the lathe for some
rearranging :D One thing : did you just cut something to make the diameter
smaller or did you also make the wheels "thinner" to keep the flanges sharp?
--
Jan-Albert van Ree