 Trains / *22615 (-100)
  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels. LEGO said that if I wanted to they would exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in but that at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Inspection Car MOC

Cool inspection car! Definitely hits the original on the spot. Glad those photos were useful to someone. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote: snip I use (...) Please post some pictures. I'd much rather spend time cutting than filing. Brian (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) In fixing my wheelsets, I've observed that the gray wheelsets are made of a softer (more butter-like) plastic. Instead of a file, I use a hobby knife to cut out a small portion of the frame where the rubbing occurs. It's easier to cut the gray (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I don't think so. We've been running some of the same trains at NCLTC for nine shows (some shows for over a month), and the well-run trains still work. The undercarriage is well-worn where the bogies touch the plates, but the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check this out on my wheel-sets. If this is true it means that over time I'll be back in the same mess again! From Cary Clark's reply to my post it sounds like this could be the case that perhaps the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I also filed down enough wheels to make a six car Santa Fe successfully negotiate a 'dog-bone' torture track (all curves) on a low regulator speed, with one motor. Like Paul, I thought I had it all figured out. This weekend, I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

IMHO, the problem lies in this theory: * The axles are made of metal. * Metal is harder than plastic. * When putting metal in direct contact with plastic, the plastic will wear. * Check the spot where the point of the metal axle meets the plastic (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Good question! I've been wondering this myself. I just recently went through the grueling process of filing down the plastic in all 28 gray wheel-sets of my Santa Fe Kit. What an improvement! I got the train set last fall and the first time I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Question about the new trains

I was hoping someone who has bought the new trains (4511 High Speed Train or 4512 Cargo Train) could answer this question. Have the wheels been fixed? I hope LEGO has sorted out the problem with them sticking, but considering the way quality control (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC - Need some info.

I've started collecting questions and answers into a FAQ format. ILTCO as a host makes much more sense then what I would default to (www.IndyLUG.org). (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Inspection Car MOC

I recently saw the neatest inspection car in a group of photos by Stephan Garcia taken at the Hoosier Valley RR Museum. As soon as i found the time, this is what i came up with. (URL) love the inspection cars. enjoy -tk (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: DCC - Need some info.

Perhaps a good spot would be the ILTCO web page in the library section (our goal is to make ILTCO the "go to" spot for train info, esp when the info comes from many sources in the community. It would be a great addition! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  High Speed Train model

Hi folks, This is a high speed train model that I built. It's run in various incarnations at rtlToronto train shows: (URL) is a five car TGV-inspired six-wide passenger train. I hope you like it. Calum (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Industry Building Diorama...

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner wrote: snip (...) Robin, The detail is amazing! You always have the most phenomenal stuff! Can't wait to get a look at it in person next week. Brian (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Industry Building Diorama...

One rainy Sunday a few weeks back, I was breaking down my club display mountain section. In the section I have a small industry building and I couldn’t bust it up without getting some more picture. Then I decided to added some track and some train (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) Hmm, the only thing that I can point to that has caused them to look at my LEGO was transporting 12v transformers (which have a huge block of metal). On the other hand, I have not packed unbuilt bricks. I think anything large and dense will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Final NGLTC open house (closing down the clubhouse)

This Sunday (August 3rd) will be the final public display at the Discover Mills "clubhouse". This is your last chance to come and visit the NGLTC at the Discover Mills Mall. The display will be open from noon till around 4pm. We will be moving out (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, August 2nd and 3rd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show at the Raleigh Civic and Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. The show is open from 10 AM until (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Exactly, they're all part of the Americas, so what's your point? Next you'll be boasting about a Mexican team being allowed in. Big deal. ;-) Jason R (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A good use for the Hailfire Droid wheels

That's one of the most intriguing designs I've seen lately. As soon as I get my Hailfire droid wheels, I'm going to make a coal dump for my train yard. It would also be good for a train turntable. Rob "David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  DCC - Need some info.

Hi, This message is for the DCC users among the train users. I do have a question. Is it possible to create a centralized webpage where we can find the used material for DCC (NMRA protocol) operation? What i would like to find is following stuff: (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) What's particularly galling is that the original blue engine has undergone about 10 seperate rebuilds for accuracy, shiny bits, glowing boiler etc. (notice the half-stud leaf springs on the side, too). The light blue one is my first, rushed (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Break'n the Law, Break'n the Law" Rail Racer style

(...) Of course it does, after extensive air tunnel testing I have adjusted the size and angle perfectly to get the most traction possible.....ok maybe not, but it does look cool :) jt (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Well I was just trying to be "witty" but the truth is there is no issue with ILTCO recognising clubs in countries outside of the U.S., any train club is welcome to apply for membership no matter what country they are in. jt (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) I don't know anything about that. I don't know how I ended up in the 'North British' anything - I live on the south coast. There's sea water at the end of my street. I meant your insistence on referring to pre-1960s British trains as (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) No, actually it was something about why NBLTC never signed up when the invites went out, if you must drag the topic in that direction... NBLTC certainly qualify under most all the metrics I checked. But let's not go there. Too serious. I'd (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Tell me about it. I just noticed that I've put the nose-piece back on half a stud too high, and forgot to remove the maersk-blue jumper from the top before taking the photo (I don't think you can get them in light-blue yet). Jason R (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Myopic as usual ... SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) <snip>> (...) hmmm,last time I looked Canada wasn't part of the United States. If that's good enough for Major League Baseball's World Series, it's good enough for me ;) jt (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Display in Staffordshire this weekend (1st/2nd Feb)

(...) Tony Preistman has some photos of Mark's trains on his brickshlef gallery that I have not seen and have not been mentioned here. They are, as Jonathan says, amazing, as a UK train enthusiat the locos are instantly recognisable, quite a feat (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: Dude, you are a glutton for punishment. BTW, nices Thomases. JOHN (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Something about ILTCO recognising countries outside the United States, wasn't it? Jason Railton (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Small, blue, european, steam powered. They both look like Thomas to me. :-) Now, what was the question? (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Break'n the Law, Break'n the Law" Rail Racer style

(...) A very cool looking beast indeed - but does the aerofoil actually contribute to its track-holding capability? ... and I hope the racing will be recorded on video for those of us who can't make it ... SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Break'n the Law, Break'n the Law" Rail Racer style

(...) This is a rear engine racer, so the back would be the "loco" while the "rolling stock" actually slides over part of the "loco" for a clean look. The front section ("rolling stock") does have it's own wheels and couples to the engine section (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

So James, which part is the "loco" and which part is the "rolling stock"? Great looking railer!!!! Rob RailRacer National Champion BF 2002 "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:HIuCIG.q33@lugnet.com... (...) Giver" has (...) (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  "Break'n the Law, Break'n the Law" Rail Racer style

There’s a new sheriff in town boys and girls! Just in time for the Rail Racer Nationals at Brickfest 2003, the “Law Giver” has arrived. (URL) is a full length modified class racer. It’s powered by a chain driven real wheel running off of a old style (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Danish version of german double deck wagons

(...) Hi Thanks for your comment, Steve. Since I didn't have the right SNOT bricks and don't have the patience nor the money to go and buy specific bricks for specific models, I just had to "sacrifice" the interior of this model. The model is not (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Danish version of german double deck wagons

Hi, Great details and design, but I think you've overdone the attention to exterior funkiness to the detriment of the interior. It's snot fair - who would want to be a decapitated minifig and ride in this? SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) I think they're both lovely, and every kid that sees either of them will say "Thomas!"... *grin* JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

As I said, if I'd meant the blasted thing to look like (URL) Thomas> it would jolly well look like (URL) Thomas> (URL) the> flaming (URL) Tank> (URL) Engine>. And it would have the right number of wheels. The likes of Mr Reynolds can now amuse (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Danish version of german double deck wagons

(...) appearance of these wagons and loc. Thanks for sharing the great ideas and concepts. Love the "inside" views. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC at BrickFest

I've gotten a copy of Mark's first presentation (he's still working on the advanced topics one) and it's just superb. It would really be a shame if I were the one that gave it, instead of someone that's had lots of time to play with LDCC. So far (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Danish version of german double deck wagons

(...) I just love your version and keep up the good work! JM (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) Just a quick FYI from the GMLTC: I'll be bringing containers to trade, but since we are an 8-wide club (in fact I think we were the *first* 8-wide club), we would be perfectly happy receiving stickers in return. Thanks, and see you in a couple (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Danish version of german double deck wagons

Hi, Recently, the Danish State Railway (DSB) has rented quite a few german double deck wagons to replace some old passenger cars still in use. I believe I've seen several LEGO versions of these double deck wagons (in the colors used by Deutsche (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) What! No WAMALTC? I you have to be kidding, it's in their house:) And there is a lot of other clubs missing too... Wake up guys, Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  BF 2003 Container Swap

For info on the Brickfest 2003 Container Swap, please see this page: (URL) Rob, for the info. I will make updates as necessary. (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) Ah OK. I thought Lenz too had it's own protocol. Thanks for clearing that up. (...) True... wouldn't even degrade normal operations. While at it, the way the spring is held in place could be improved too, as well as the spring power (I've had (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) (URL) at the DN123 which is due out soon (moved back again, me thinks...). Even the DN121 which is what I am using is a retail for $20 USD/ 38 or so CDN. heck, I'm selling converted motors for $60/each (DN121, 1 output with resistor to 9V). (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) What with a motor with blown up decoder? Buy a new motor, or better, should the motorblock be able to open, as in the 4.5V and early 12V era for replacement? (...) I'd like to see following external functions: 1) Front / rear light on/off with (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

<SNIP> (...) DCC allows you a smooth speedcontrol, especially on low speed, but you need a good motor (if possible 5 pole rotor). If you have a higher motorspeed, with you gear down (more than the actual motors - at 9V they go out the curves !) then (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) That indeed sounds good! Much nicer than the $50-100 we're paying in Holland for an average decoder right now... (...) While it may be very common in the USA, I've yet to see such decoders here in Europe. At most train shows I've visited so (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

Everyone - We are having an absolute blast at SIGGRAPH 2003! (www.siggraph.org/s2003). We hundreds, if not thousands coming by the booth throughout the day, and some even took time out of their schedules to sit with us and build! The tables are like (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

Some thoughts from someone who has a little experience: Decoders: Should be built into the motor, non removable. Cost for commercial decoders is ~19 usd for a "series 3" decoder with 1/2 function outputs. That is retail. Should be able to make them (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) Especially kids :-) (...) Which could double as base for the signalpole (I think). Then its bulkyness would be in disguise alongside the track :-) (...) LOL! :-) Yes, I intend to attend the show this year. Hope to meet you there! (...) Neat (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New scenery MOCs ... (+ new pics)

(...) Ben (and others) - thanks for the praise. I'm glad you like it. I don't have any specific close-ups of it, but these were taken with it as part of a display unit (hope you like the station too - first look at my bow-window): (2 URLs) And as (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) Just connect the motor wires on the motor output from a DCC decoder. As simple as that. (...) I agree with that, but it needs a verry good thinking befor acting. I didn't buy a RCX because of the cost and its limited I/O (input / output). If i (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) Oh, I know that. I meant with the same design in size and outer shape. The interior of the motor would have to suffer adaptations, but hopefully none of these would mean the new design would require the modification of the older trains to fit (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  9V Train tracks exchange

Hello train friends. I have 100 <A HREF="(URL)Curved Tracks</A> in Brand New condition (from train sets) that I'm offering for exchange. I'm looking to exchange these 100 pieces of Curved Tracks with 50 pieces of New <A HREF="(URL)Straight (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) Note that, with the actual train motor design, it's impossible to DRIVE on 6 wheels, only on 4 wheels and 2 free running wheels. another one being "non-engine" motors (...) Note that any 9V motor (exept train motor) can be used with a DCC (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New scenery MOCs - debuting as instructions

I'd like to announce two of my MOCs are available as instructions, exclusively through Jake McKee's Building Instructions Portal. For once, they're not actually trains, but I stick them on layouts anyway... I haven't featured either of these on my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) hm i once had 241 but it was destroyed in 1976. all i have now is this page of it: (URL) i remember comparing them both and finding some relation but not the exact layout. my guess as a child was that the little booklet i have online might (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Container swap, haven't heard from these clubs

(...) At the TCLTC, we are 8 wide scale and run a different kind of LTC container car: (URL) so we have no need to "swap", but we will send along some stickers for LTCs to create their own TCLTC car if they wish (I will post a .jpg of how it should (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Container swap, haven't heard from these clubs

(...) Dear Rob, thanks for your efforts concerning the container swap! But for the next year I would suggest an earlier invitation and call for partizipants. I know the ILTCO is so far more or less US dominated (I even suggested to call it therefor (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) So, if I understand you correctly, the "new" motor would consist of two parts: -Part A, motor and headlight connector (already attached to wheels?) -Interchangable parts B and C, one being that dummy plug you mention (default in every (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Added points in Bricklink

In my bricklink shop i have just added 7856 and 7858. In Sealed boxes but not wrapped in plastic. (URL) Jonasson raffej@telia.com ===...=== (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC at BrickFest

(...) I will be getting back in town the weekend of BF, and my calendar is booked solid up until then, so it is not likely that I could prepare anything (although I could probably help Mark, if desired). There is the possibility that I might be able (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: A brief reflexion on power sources

(...) become (...) control, (...) What would be really nice is if Lego built train motors that accepted the plug-in style DCC decoders. The motors would ship with a dummy plug that merely routed power from the track to the motor and headlight (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Container swap, haven't heard from these clubs

COLTC EJLTC ITLUG NALUG NBLTC NELUG NOLTC PNLTC RichLUG SCLTC TCLTC VLC WAMALTC WWLTC Official Roll out is Monday. The completed list of participants will be posted on the side bar of trains.org for your viewing pleasure. Of those that want to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC at BrickFest

(...) He is out of town for part of the weekend. I think (hope) he's helping Mark with some background material but he can't be the presenter if I understand what he's communicated to me correctly. (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  A brief reflexion on power sources

Hi all, When browsing Brickshelf's catalog database tonight, I came across this text from the 1969 belgian catalog: (URL) simple terms, it states something that appeared obvious back then: a child would first own a pushtrain, then a battery-operated (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

(...) Well yeah, 17 feet may be a bit too long... (...) Yes, a few points of electrical isolation would be needed, especially at the wye/loop on the right end. (...) Sure thing - I think it would be great to get some more creative layouts that still (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: DCC at BrickFest

Lar wrote....... snipped (...) about. Is this a first? :-D.....GD&R Seriously.....I am looking forward to the LDCC presentation.......Hope someone can step up to the plate. Not to drop names or anything ;-).......But can Tom Cook do it? Since he (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  DCC at BrickFest

Hello train fans... we have a bit of a problem and I need your help. Mark Riley is in the process of putting together some really great material on DCC related stuff, including basic info, LDCC concepts and information, and some neat advanced stuff (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

(...) It's a good reference, and I'd probably scale it back some to fit table dimensions. There's an incongruous electrical connection that needs to be removed, however, as you've got polarity reversed on the right end of the yard. The right-most (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) I just added GtwLUG and the new GMLTC info to the Master List! Lets keep it going... we may go into the 30 plus numbers. Keep that info coming... in a week or so I'll start a new list with just BrickFest swappers. See (URL) for PDF or TXT. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

Hey cool! Nice work, my only thing I noticed that would be a problem is it's 17ft long! Anyway I will definitely put it to some good use at least as reference. OnDrew <-off to make the yard 8-wide compatable. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Thomas, thanks for sharing these further pictures without the logos in the center of the track layout. Do you have an idea, if this very layout has been published in one of the books like 238, 239, 241 or 242? (it is too hot, too late and (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Gray-era flip open boxes / Question about Blue-era flip box

(...) Hello train collectors + experts! I have not too much knowledge about the boxes of the cars in the 80ies. I am only familiar with the sets 7813 (no flip) and 7819 (flip). But another question came up at r.t.l these days: What about the box (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Geometry for Yards

I've been musing on track geometry.... Consider these assumptions. I assume these are fairly well known. Or at least, I didn't discover them myself; I found them either on LUGNET or some website. A1. Two points with a diagonal straight in between (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Another video...

Stay a while... Staaaay forever! (URL) please download to your system before viewing. This video clocks in just over 7 minutes and is approx 75 meg. It's a compilation from the footage from Sunday. I was late arriving Sunday so I don't have video (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) FYI, in American English the term is "inner tube" and "tire". "outer" would be redundant. --Bill. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: 2003 LTC Container swap)

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIFMM7.FqD@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) to (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Yes it does. As someone who personally spent almost an hour with the fine TSA folks at the San Diego (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Thanks for the wonderful review... And let me tell you Mark, that LDCC was the major enjoyment of the entire weekend! It's awesome to stand like 50 feet away and control a train via the LEGO ir remote. Jeff E was 'under the table' watching the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Rob, we are a new group and would like to share our Containers with others. We are expecting to bring about 30 to Brickfest. So please add GtwLUG (Gateway Lego Users Group, St. Louis, Mo.) to your list for the Container Swap. Within GtwLUG, we (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Bravo! Definitely worth the download! The music was perfect. Favorite parts: Derek's dance. How the red train station glides across the screen, seemingly in time with the music. When the yellow station goes in, I think I can count seven elves (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray-era flip open boxes

(...) Not sure, but I know my 7821 car came in a flip top box (I only have the top lid), and it's in the same price range as the 7813 car. 7813 is from 1986, so I suspect there was a switch around 1985, when the new trains were released. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) GtwLUG is in Don Cox the1hugh@yahoo.com is attending for us he should be contacting you soon Andrew Reynolds Gateway Lego Users Group Saint Louis Missouri (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) I'm working on GMLTC containers now. I should be able to bring 25 of them to BrickFest, I can't wait to see how much Lego stuff I end up packing and carrying! (Does Lego show up on airport x-rays?? *grin*) But, since the GMLTC is an 8-wide (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

LCLTC is in Thanx, Mark Millere Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, GoB - Millere's Spares™ (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Rob Hendrix Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 10:36 PM To: (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) Never mind the link, I see it was already posted and discussed earlier in this tread, oops. jt (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) rtlToronto is in (even before the NMRA show.) Jeff Van Winden (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Gray-era flip open boxes

I recently won an auction for a 7813 Shell Wagon and I was surprised to find that it had a standard "open at the end" style box. My 7820 Mail Vans, 7818 Passenger Coach and 7814 Crane Wagon have much sturdier "top flips open" box. These boxes are (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

(...) No need for 4x8 plates, here is the design for the NGLTC container and it uses all easy to find parts: (URL) And yes we're in. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Updated Container Stats (Was: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap)

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip> >> (...) I took a look at several different color schemes to match up with the IndyLUG logo (based on the Monon moniker). Using gray for the container crossed my mind but the logo being mostly gray (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) The reason I mention Philip Glass is he did the music for KOYAANISQATSI, a movie which also uses a lot of up speeded clips. The repetitive music of Glass (Philip Glass joke: A friend of mine gave me a Philip Glass record. I listened to it for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Thanks Jeroen, I had fun making it. It was a wee bit of a learning curve for VisualStudio, but I got it. I'll attempt to make the video for the vidcap for Sunday and get it up soon. I looked up Philip Glass--I liked the instrumental music for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HIEB0J.3qs@lugnet.com... (...) Very nice, David, worth the download! Good music too, suits the movie (altough some Philip Glass would have been nice too). Jeroen (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact