 Trains / 20709
Re: Gray-era flip open boxes / Question about Blue-era flip box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

Not sure, but I know my 7821 car came in a flip top box (I only have the top
lid), and it's in the same price range as the 7813 car. 7813 is from 1986,
so I suspect there was a switch around 1985, when the new trains were
released.

Hello train collectors + experts!

I have not too much knowledge about the boxes of the cars in the 80ies. I am
only familiar with the sets 7813 (no flip) and 7819 (flip).

But another question came up at r.t.l these days:

What about the box design of 116? I always try to store auction pictures from
ebay when they are concerning classic trains and their boxes.

For 116 I have 5 different pictures with the box bottom only (4x ebay, 1x my own
box).

But then there are these pictures as well:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1967/c67de/c67de-09.html
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1968/c68be/c68be-10.html

Has 116 come without lid on the box? Is there any similar design on any other
box of those days?

113, 118, 119, 120, 138, 171, 183, 720, 722, 725,etc... All these came
definitely with a box design which had a lid. Any input is highly welcome!

Leg Godt!

Ben