 Trains / 20768
Re: DCC - Need some info.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:26:47 GMT

Perhaps a good spot would be the ILTCO web page in the library section (our goal
is to make ILTCO the "go to" spot for train info, esp when the info comes from
many sources in the community. It would be a great addition!
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete wrote:
Hi,

This message is for the DCC users among the train users.
I do have a question.

Is it possible to create a centralized webpage where we can find the used
material for DCC (NMRA protocol) operation?
What i would like to find is following stuff:

Decoders:
Brand of decoder, Decoder type, Total output current, maximum motor current,
number of extra outputs + power for these outputs(for lights, ...) Specific
decoder info (low noise, Back EMF, ..), price

Controller:
Brand, Controller type and output current, price

Aditional equipment:
Example Handheld controller: Brand, type, price

If someone blow up a decoder, what could be the reason?

Why i'm asking?
It could be a source for all of us the find the needed stuff, have a clue of the
price and the eventual problems that occured and why they happened.
Here in Europe, we have LENZ as DCC (NMRA) provider, so we can check for a
compatible decoder with the ones the American collegues use.

Following question:
are there somewhere on the internet schematics available for DCC accessories
(signal decoders, train feedback, ...)?
If so,where to fint it.

Thanks,
Ludo