 Trains / 20780
Re: Question about the new trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:05:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark wrote:

I too would love to hear about a LEGO-sponsored wheel exchange, but we're
talking about a lot of wheels. But I would settle for an official word of when
the problem was introduced and when it was fixed.

Cary

I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the
rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels.  LEGO said that if I wanted to they would
exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in
but that at the time (immediately after Christmas) they did not have any spare
sets available for exchange but in a few months they would have enough to
replace all my wheels (44 sets - I run 2x A units, 2x B units, and 5 wagons).  I
could not wait that long and filed mine down.  The set runs extremely well with
two motors (one in each A unit).

Lego had said that they were aware of the problem all though they claimed it was
issolated and that they had corrected it.

Achim von Wiedner