 Trains / 20796
Re: Question about the new trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Achim von Wiedner wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark wrote:

I too would love to hear about a LEGO-sponsored wheel exchange, but we're
talking about a lot of wheels. But I would settle for an official word of when
the problem was introduced and when it was fixed.

Cary

I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the
rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels.  LEGO said that if I wanted to they would
exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in
but that at the time (immediately after Christmas) they did not have any spare
sets available for exchange but in a few months they would have enough to
replace all my wheels (44 sets - I run 2x A units, 2x B units, and 5 wagons).  I
could not wait that long and filed mine down.  The set runs extremely well with
two motors (one in each A unit).

Lego had said that they were aware of the problem all though they claimed it was
issolated and that they had corrected it.

Achim von Wiedner

What is the number to contact Lego? I have the same problem with a couple of Mot
trains. Do you first send the used ones, or do you wait for the new ones and
then send the old ones?

Steve.