 Trains / 20718
Re: A brief reflexion on power sources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:49:23 GMT

"Pedro Silva" wrote:

Plus, under this line of thinking, the introduction of DCC by LEGO would • become
a much natural step for the consumer - "I now have too many trains to • control,
so now I must get myself a new control-system"... ;-)

What would be really nice is if Lego built train motors that
accepted the plug-in style DCC decoders.  The motors would
ship with a dummy plug that merely routed power from the track
to the motor and headlight connector.  When you want to
upgrade to DCC, all you do is remove the plug and drop in the
decoder of your choice.

Mark