 Town / 6482
Re: New scenery MOCs ... (+ new pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:57:05 GMT

   In lugnet.town, Jason J. Railton wrote:

   First up is a British red telephone box: http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=53&review=702&revOn=true

In lugnet.town, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   that is a really great model! I have one small question about the doors: I think you cannot close them till they reach the exact 90° angle, right? - How does the cell look like when built from LEGO bricks? Do you have any pictures at hand?

Ben (and others) - thanks for the praise. I’m glad you like it.

I don’t have any specific close-ups of it, but these were taken with it as part of a display unit (hope you like the station too - first look at my bow-window):

And as you can see, I’ve left the door open for a minifig!

You’re right, in that the front and right door do not close completely. But, because the doors are so thin it’s hardly noticeable. Look at the end of the door on the right-hand side of the box.

I did try setting them one smallest step out on MLCAD, but one unit of rotation on that is far more than you have to use on a real model, so I straightened it up again.

If you want to try it yourself, the DAT file is here. I was going to make it downloadable from the instructions page, but I forgot.

Jason Railton