 Trains / *1182 (-100)
  Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

I picked up a 2nd 4559 and started into bashing them together. I built a new engine using parts from all the sets, plus bricks from some Freestyle tubs plus a couple Technic plates. I found that one of the drop center train plates wouldn't work for (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) No good nor easy reason for the 1/3 brick height difference other than the fact that the 1/4-top curved bricks are 4/3 brick tall and I needed to accommodate the height requirements resulting from the front end cab structure. The front and (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first visit to a model train show.

(...) Take a look at the PNLTC and GMLTC layouts. Those may be a bit big for what one person can do, but they'll give you ideas. Then look at the work of Robin Werner for ideas about what one person can achieve. PNLTC: (URL) (I need to index these): (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

This is a great train. Well designed and looks realistic. Another time where James has pushed LEGO to it's limits. Why is one coach 1/3 of a brick higher than the rest of the train? Why did you decide not to have wheels in the centre? (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Mark, I suggest you check out our web page at (URL) should be plenty of inspiration and ideas for a train layout for a show. - Irving Mark Harrison wrote in message <373033AB.203E4B05@o...net.au>... (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My first visit to a model train show.

Hi All, Last weekend I went to an annual Model train show mainly to see if I could find anyone with a similar interest in Lego trains. 80% of people I spoke to thought I was talking about Duplo trains and did not know that Lego produced "mains" (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) Wow. Double Wow. I finally got the chance to visit your page and I'm just amazed at the incredible amount of workmanship an imagination that went into this train. Anyone familiar with the actual train will be able to easily recognize it as (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: just for fun

(...) A bit heretical, but one could get one of those Mega Bloks slot car sets (and paint the track tan so it blends in with the desert theme - its not Lego so its ok to deface it by painting...)... (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Known groups (Worms for Larry [AND ME])

J3- Would you dig up 3 more for me since I was first in .puns, .QOTD and .legoland. *I* will be there to accept, except *where* is *there*? Conan's or Fudd's? J the duece (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Known groups (Worms for Larry)

(...) I'm sure I can dig one up in my back yard. Will you be there tomorrow to receive it? Also I've got some pics of mine and some other guy's reunion trip to Enfield. -john (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Known groups

I just noticed in filling out forms for the upcoming NMRA National Convention that a group must belong to the NMRA in order to participate in the contests at the shows. Larry, J1 and J3, do we want to becomes members (we being the GMLTC) so that we (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Known groups

I know of the following "organizations" (and I use the term loosely, formality varies) devoted to trains PNLTC (the first) - Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club NGLTC - North Georgia Lego Train club GMLTC - (the most disorganized, and proud of it) (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New newsgroup lugnet.trains.org

[Followups set to lugnet.trains.org] A new newsgroup lugnet.trains.org has just been created. For background on what has led up to this, please visit the following thread: (URL) lugnet.trains (group and hierarchy): Train mania: modeling, layouts, (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.trains.org )------

Welcome to lugnet.trains.org, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.trains.org (group): National and local LEGO® train clubs/organizations: group formation, founding, planning, announcements, etc.; inter-group coordination and planning; (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  4561 "The Alp Express"

I saw an interesting close-up photo of the bogus little "engine" from the 4561 and it appears to me that the blue corrugated used are 2 1x4s, which would be a new element. I was wondering if anyone else had that same impression. BTW,the catalog (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  just for fun

Well I got home today and I was just finishing some work on the train I just built and had a weird idea. I took Anakins race pod, that I bought a couple weeks ago, and mounted it on the 9V motor and had it run around the track. it looks very cool. (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) Robin, YES! My thoughts exactly about the windows from the upcoming 4561 set. Glad to see BOB have a brother. ;-) later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) BOB's coloring: The brochure's front cover art looks to have been "artisticly" enhanced, turning selective patches into grayscale images of varying contrast and color depth(?). I thought the same thing at first. BOB's total number of units: (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Loco Group Session Sunday 5/2

Greetings all! I'll (definitely this time!) be hosting a Lego Loco Multi-Player Session tomorrow, Sunday, May 2nd, at 6:00pm Mountain Daylight Time (8:00 EDT). Please e-mail me if you plan to join so I'll know what size layout matrix to use, and so (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

(...) I felt the same way. I fervently hope they do not make trains unless they can improve the quality a LOT. Their molds can't be THAT imprecise so it's got to be the speed at which they eject the parts. (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Josh, Thanks, I never saw any around here. Bad quality, huh? Oh well, at least it was an attempt. Ugh! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

I would guess it would be similar to Megablocks, just as a guess. But maybe if TLG would see some of their themes (i.e. Military, Suburbia, etc.) and some of their pieces, maybe they would think twice on their Town Juniorizing everything. I would (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

James, Nice train, I like it! I think I'll make one for my next show. Maybe I will use the parts from that new thing the TLG calls the Railway Express(4561). It has a lot of those 4x3 clear wall part that would make nice windows for this kind of (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Are the Bestlock bricks the same (or near) quality as LEGO? If they are as crappy as MEGABLOCKS, then this discussion is over for me. Just wondering and hoping.... John Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

I've seen (held, checked-out, put back) the military sets in a Target in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Among other problems, the plates look really flimsy. That, along with other general flimsy appearance meant I wasn't willing to chance (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

Very nice. The middle car looks great, very efficient use of windows. Very attractive! As, someone else already noted...LEGO should be desinging sets that look this nice! They would not be able to keep this model on the shelves. Thanks James, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

Wow! That's cool James. Just one nit, it seems that maybe the prototype has red doors on one side and blue on the other??? or else some of the brochure pictures are from different trainsets. I get the impression that the prototype has a middle (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

(...) This looks great! Even TLG could do a set like this for cheap, and they should. This would even be cool in a monorail version. Now you've got me thinking about articulated cars again :) -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

I have finally had some time to build with LEGO. This time I've found a friend, and his name is BOB, oder: "Die Bayerische Oberlandbahn". BOB is a German passenger train. A friend of mine recently traveled to Germany and returned with a brochure (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) 5561 Big Foot 4x4 has 2 red 1x4x3 train windows* in each set -- but that's a pretty expensive way to go, even if you can find it on discount. OTOH, it's got other goodies like white train doors and --Todd * actually, only the frames are train (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) If I was to buy just a single train, I'd think about the the S@H 3225 (using their "train set" deal). The 4565 is also a good choice, but you have to add a power pack which adds about another $45. If you think you want to dive into trains in a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned diesel electric

Great job, Chris! I like the details! Scott Sanburn (Hoping to get done with sorting stage 5 to get back to building, ugh!) :) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Oh, I agree Chris. I would have said the same thing five years ago. I have been with Lego sets for 20 years now, and I have a hard time with saying it. But times have changed. I will say the SW sets are wonderful, I have many now. But overall, look (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Redesigned diesel electric

I finally fixed the front end of my diesel electric. While I still do not claim that it is a model of any specific engine it does at least resemble real diesel electric now. The front page (URL) to the engines and scroll to the bottom (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Ah, thanks for the clone links. That's one of the few I am not subscribed too. Oh well, it was a hope! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Really? I never saw any around in Michigan. May I ask where you reside? Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

(...) You know, previously I would have said you are nuts; LEGO cannot be out done. However, it does seem that LEGO is working very hard at making life easier for the competition. Maybe the competition would get LEGO going in the right direction? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

I would love to see individual cars/engines instead of buying all the sets. I think I spent close to 500-600 just last year on trains. Ugh! Scott Sanburn (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

The military sets are available in some Target stores in the U.S. see news://lugnet.com/F9...lugnet.com or if that link doesn't work, it's 4/10/99 Best-lock post by Ben Vaughan in the off-topic clones newsgroup I got an e-mail in January from their (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains

Can you imagine if this company made better sets than TLG? If TLG keeps going the way they do, I might have to switch. From what I have seen, it looks a lot better than Town Junior does. I like the military sets as well. Any chance of seeing these (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maersk Truck sighting in Michigan

(...) I see them all the time in container yards (train and portside) as I fly in to places. That light blue is pretty distinctive. Containers get mixed around a lot, they're the boxcars of the late millenium, they get loaded by anyone and sent (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

There *is* a particular printer that will print white, but, of course, you'd have to buy it:-( I could find the brand if anyone cared....:-) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

In lugnet.trains, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes: <snip> (...) For white, you would have to put white bricks under where you wanted the white lettering/graphic to be and make the lettering transparent (or rather no color at all) so the white would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Hi Larry, Sorry to be adding this so late but I just joined the newsgroup...I have had a lot of success with Microscale decals and the Microset that is applied over them...Great results! Much better than (well, at least different than) the dry (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Lots of snippage, just the facts :) (...) Thanks for the links! maybe now I can finally build a few Milwaukee Road cars in honor of my Dad, he was a Engineer on the rails when I was little. (...) Please do!! I saw those and was wondering if it would (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Possible Source of NEW Trains

My village toy store started selling Best Lock ( a Lego Compatible) a couple of weeks back - They have an interesting range (much more extensive than Mega Blocks ever was) Prices are at least half a comparable Lego set. Check out (URL) web site was (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

I guess I would have to agree along the lines of Larry's critique. It is compressed and toylike-- not that there is anything wrong with that (thank you, Jerry S) if that is the look you desire. If, however, you are looking for realism based on a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) I doubt that there is anyone here who would complain! (...) If Dan Parker will take a picture of it, I made a nice red boxcar. It uses 2 sets of the sliding red doors from the last 4.5V train, and a baseplate from the crane railway. (but it (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Larry and Railroaders, Here's is my plan for the new Lego Train System: Note: All train cars are the longer four axle type. I'm also assuming that all track and accessories will remain available (wheels, motor, etc.) Plan A (starter set): 1) Santa (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

(...) We all like to hear feedback! (...) I tried one of the rounded tube 4 stud wide 'roll bar' pieces for the railing first, but it didn't look right. I could try the piece Lego uses for train railings, but it is 6 studs wide and I wanted to put (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

(...) I did make the caboose shorter to look more proportional to the shorter stock cars that pull it around. All cabooses I have seen are shorter than the cars. I just looked up Larry's caboose. I like it. Much more 'Lego' than mine. Love the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

(...) As everyone knows I am not a real modeler [1], so the realness or the toyness of the model does not change my opinion usually. The toy factor might even make it more appealing to me. It has a cuteness to it while still resembling a real (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Here's my two cents, not that anyone cares. I like the proportions and interior detailing of Larry's red caboose. But, I like the black roof and decals on Joe's. I think the decals make all the difference in the world between the two models. Picture (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Well, I generally like Joe's work but I have to take a contrary view. I feel there is a line between "successfully selectively compressed" and "too small" and I feel this particular caboose is well over that line. It's so short that it is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Joe, Thanks for the pictures and the comments. I haven't got around to copying your caboose yet, but when I do copy it I might try one of the larger 4x3 windows instead of the small 2x2. It probably won't look right with the bigger window. Did you (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) ...Well, they kinda started that with the 'Classic Train' and the cars set (no set numbers, my catalogs are all at work :-/ ...I agree its much better to get a train sans track. Makes the set cheaper and doesn't burden the set with lots of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

(...) This little caboose is great! IMO this other picture somehow really brings out its "caboosiness" that I had not noticed before. -Tom McD. when replying, let your metroliner run over the spamcake. (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Hi Chris, First, thanks! I'm glad you like my stuff. I found an older picture of the caboose taken at an angle so the ends can be seen. Check it out at: (URL) doors are just the plain old freestyle type that have been around forever. I used those (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4555/4552

I just bought 4555 and 4552 from US S@H. Does anyone know if there is any chance for the 2150 or 4532 (both '96 issues) coming back? That would be great! (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose

Joe, Love your models. I was curious about the style of door you use on your caboose. Since the picture is a side shot the doors cannot be seen. Also, I would love to hear your comments on whether or not you think the doors that you chose are (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) Even though this set seems good I do not think LEGO would sell it for $160. This set would be bigger than the current big set, 4565 Freight and Crane Railway, and your set would include a transformer. I know, I am nitpicking. From the original (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) Hmmm. I'm not a trainhead by any stretch, so let's see what I come up with. I envision an Old West train, done right.[1] It would not have to be prototypical, but the more prototypical it is, the better. I'll describe a configuration, I hope I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) Oh, yeah. That's right. I made a really killer Chessie last year. Wow, that had totally slipped my mind. Weird. Steve (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) Well couldn't they just sell the train or maybe just the individual cars by themselves? I don't need any more curved track or another controller. I would like to see a good diesel engine and a box car. That way I could buy one or two engines (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

i think the reason we are not seeing any decent trains lately is because by their nature train sets cost more than other legos because of the motor,track and controller. (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

It would cost less than $150 and it would be a typical U.S. freight train, except only one of each car (including the engine). Track would include enough to do a loop and several straight sections in case someone wanted to run a train on the floor (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Well, what would be more prototypical than 8 stud wide trains with tight curves.... to me that sounds like narrow gauge. Although I'm not a big fan of narrow gauge, it would seem to me to be the perfect application. [1] [1] OTOH the minifig would (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

John Neal wrote: <larger radius curve> YES! How did I forget? Also shorter segments to allow more layout variety. <8 stud rant> I thought long and hard about 8 stud. I do understand why it would be desirable scalewise but I think 6 stud is the way (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Most of that sounds good, although I'd like to see TLG make the jump to 8 stud wide cars and engines which allows for more room and better modeling IMHO. If you are going to take the time and effort to overhaul the theme, why not do it right? What (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) Are you sure you didn't make one? I nevir maek misteaks. >;-) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any news on 4519?

Just called S@H, they told me that they have shipped some 4519's; but there is such a damand for it any new orders would be on back order till July. So I would think that you would get yours as promised by the end of May. Brian Korn (...) layout (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Amen, Larry. If only TLG would... :) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

(...) You leave my chessie alone! I think you meant Steve Barille's Chessie, right? Steve (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Whoops, there's one extra in the 20 list... drop the steamer accessories, I guess. (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YOU be the designer

Here are my answers. One single set: - 1 oval of track with 4 straightaways and power pack (the above is "Standard track parts") - Robin Werner's blue ConRail engine, Steve Bliss's Chessie, or my Red/Yellow diesel - My black hopper - A full size (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  YOU be the designer

Here's a thought experiment. Suppose you wanted to design a train set that would be good for drawing **USA** newcomers into trains. What would you put in it? How much would you target it costing? Realise that the pricing/profit has to be about the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4555 available in canada

(...) Thanks, Larry! I placed my order with US S@H just now. James - I'd be glad to get a copy of 4552 for you. LMK. Ed (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Any news on 4519?

Does anyone have any solid info on when the 9V Cross Track will be available? I have 2 on backorder, and I got a note last month that said end of May. I called this morning to change my order (from 1 to 2) and she said "looks like sometime in July" (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4555 available in canada

You might try again. US S@H had a few of both 4552 and 4555 a couple of weeks ago. The ones I got had been beat around a bit with dented boxes, etc so it looks like they're getting to the bottom of the barrel. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4555 available in canada

(...) selling it to me? (...) -full- range of train (...) James - My last knowledge of the availability of 4552 was that US S@H was not taking orders for this set. They claimed that it was "discontinued" the last time I checked. However, that was (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track slope...

(...) I was referring to Hornby's Technology - I thought it was Superhedsion - it picks up all the loose nails on the track. The Scalextric equivalent (Slotcars) is called Magnatraction basically a magnet on the bottom of the car sticks the car to (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  At last! 4564 and 4555.

Hello again! At last I am ready to sell my 4564 and 4555. See details on lugnet.auction and rec.toys.lego. Have bought a 6991, but not received it yet. If it is complete, og nearly complete I will consider a trade for old train sets. Regards Hugo (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4555 available in canada

As above, I have a 4555 now on order from S@H Canada. Anyone interested in ordering a 4552 (in the US) and selling it to me? (last I checked, Lego Canada still didn't carry the -full- range of train stuff, and since that is old stock...) James (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track slope...

(...) hmm...actually, the trademark name is "magnahdsion" (or some spelling thereove) and belongs to Hornby Railways. Used on such (wonderful) engines as my Lord of The Isles, Rocket, and dockyard shunter... (yep, I have OO gauge trains too...heck, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track slope...

(...) enough. (...) train (...) Ya, but you had to have seen what it is like when it is a 25 straight long stretch to a curve at 23 bricks high, at speed :). (25 straight long, starting at 52 bricks, going to 23 bricks=very steep grade) Lets put it (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Old Polish folktale, actually: Seems this thief was caught redhanded. He was brought in front of the king and the king sentenced him to death. The thief, pleading for mercy, claimed that he could teach horses to sing, and that further, if the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Ok, John didn't bite, what joke? (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

Last time I looked at the map, Michigan fell into the "greater Midwest" category....and, what the heck, you *actually could* visit your sister, too;-) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) It is difficult to predict that far in advance.(1) But the probabilities are improving. I'd be comfortable at this point stating that there is a 1 in 3 chance, which is a lot more than I would have said 4 weeks ago. 1 - which reminds me of a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) I suppose I could claim I was visiting my sister and her family... Steve (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Are you still going to be around? I marking it down on my calendar now to be there. Maybe some other folks would be willing to schedule a visit to the area and we could have a Lego Fest. (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

(...) Not THAT far of a ride... :-) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

This is great. Wish I could be there to see it! Steve (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creations out of 4559

Well I used several copies of 4559 and a few 5542 Black Thunder Helicopters and quite a few other pieces. :-) It was my first major train creation. (URL) the Lego link to Passenger Trains. Tom (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creations out of 4559

(...) I have, and I kept it black and yellow but I've used extra pieces. Pix coming soon as I continue to rebuild my site. -Tom McD. please frost the spamcake. (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC to show at NMRA Nat'l Convention

This is a major coup, as this will be a well attended convention. WTG to the GMLTC for setting this up. Lots of planning to do to pull this off. We need to make up a good flyer to hand out to build on interest expressed (I have a start that I handed (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7722 piece

a new one? Thanks;-) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track slope...

(...) There was an emphasis shift in introductory civil texts around that time period, as highway and airport engineering became more prominent. In any 1920 era civil text, railroad and bridge engineering vastly outweigh airport and highway (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Creations out of 4559

Above say's it all, but has anybody made an model (train) with 4559? Web Site: (URL) 106 models and rising :-) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact